ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, February 26, 2007

~Meet My Great Great Nephew~


I would like to introduce you to my very new Great Great
Nephew, Richard and his proud beautiful gramma, my niece, Cheryl.
He is her first grandson. Richards mother is my Great Niece
Tiffani, she is a lovely girl, he is now home under the loving care
of his mommy and daddy and a very doting and loving family.
Cheryl has affectionately nicknamed him 'Bubbie' hes a happy,
healthy boy, isnt he just a Honeyboy. I am so pleased hes joined
our family..:-) Isnt that a face you could just kiss all over?

I woke this morning about 3:30 or so..and my first thought, I
have to admit was what calls did I have to make today. I had
one I had to make, that was to Adult Protective Services to
Sandra to inquire as to the status of my safety equipment in the
bathroom and hopefully some thing done about the floors. I
have been calling there for 2 weeks..and she did finally return
my call today, and I inquired as to why, when she phoned me
5 weeks ago that my safety things were going to be delivered
in 2 days, and werent what was wrong. Apparently she needed
some prices on things, and laid my folder aside while she got
involved in something else and she did nothing further on faxing
what they needed to deliver the things and is so swamped with
work and other clients that my safety equipment was more or
less in limboland. I did get a tad upset..This is Protective services,
for adults, to protect my health..so I thought, which has seriously
affected it by the stress from lack of finishing her job.

I explained to her that if this was my only stress point, it would be
different, but if everyone I have been involved with trying to get
things fixed, repaired or replaced, were the only one, but to put
all these things together, not counting the financial things with the
added and higher bills than I had not been expecting-it would be
different, but I have MORE than ONE...After I talked to her and
she gave me her reasons for not completing her job, I was
seriously stressed, at her excuses, I had no choice but to take a
nitro which I have NOT had to do before and take a rest.
I slept a few hours and woke with a slight headache and the chest
pain had stopped, and I feel ok..I took my blood pressure and it is
up a tad, but not bad.. So, with all the extra and plus the ordeal I
seem to have inflicted upon myself with the other subject I closed
and refuse to talk about anymore, I have to just roll back for a few
days again, and not make any calls, OR get involved in anything
else. :-) well nothing stress ful anyway :-)


My sister made it back from up North, halfway, and had to stop and
stay over at a motel, the roads were so bad. I was glad to hear her
voice that she was home safely, she said they got home about noon,
and of course all of us have to call and make sure they did.. It had
to have been bad for them to stop, ive ridden with them in a almost
total white out snow storm and Stanley just kept on steaming along!
So, it really HAD to be bad for Stanley to stop, they got a motel.
She said cars all over the sides of the roads, They came home and
had to go to work for the afternoon, and she was home eating some
pizza from Vesuvios, I think that's how you spell it. great pizza and
HUGE..she said she has enough pizza there for 2 days ..their large
pizza is a massive thing and just wonderful, I could almost taste it, I
had it when I lived there too..Stanley is making a trip to Haiti soon,
in a few weeks..and I hope he has everything done and fixed on the
home front..which im sure he will, he takes good care of my sister.

She and I look out for each other. think Im very out spoken and go
directly to the point..try my sister lol..We are a lot alike..a lot..
I updated her on all the stress problems here and the health issues
and that I am seriously getting worried as to the stress level and it
has to stop, that if it didn't and I did end up permanently damaged
or worse she should take action , which I have NO doubt she will, as
I would her, she looks out for me, I reminded her when they took all
my things at the hellhome- I called her crying about them..she came
the next day, with in just a short time, they brought all my things
back to me,,she stayed and made sure..shes my big sister..she
took care of me when it was just us kids so long ago.I was her baby
even tho she is only 4 years older than me..she was the one cared
for me before we were separated- adopted out to different familys
but we laffed about how short a time it took once SHE said."WHERE
are my sisters things?" DIdnt take them long to find them.. :-D she
loves me what can I say..I would do the same for her and she knows
it ..we are so much alike you would think we are twins.. :-) and the
surprising thing is..not being raised together..separated so young
yet so alike in everything from temperament to skills. it amazes us.

I have that eye infection you know...its tear ducts.. I said Im blind
in my left eye due to the metal going through it, in 1984, which left
me NO depth perception.and plus the fact I don't see well out of
my right now either ..Im in bad shape here :-). I WILL get better..
Anyway. I try to put this ONE drop.into each ..you KNOW this is
not easy yes? it is NOT easy trust me.. know how many times ive
poked my OWN self in the EYE now? and not just the one.. I mean
Ive gotten BOTH and I have to put them in every 6 hours.. I mean,
ONE drop . I tried using a mirror..well that don't work cuz I have to
have my glasses on to see..so I cant put drops in with glasses on!!!
lol, do I have my problems or what? I rested my pinky finger next to
my eye..don't laff now.. I know you are.. :-D ya.. my finger slipped
from the wet drop and of course it wasn't gonna go away from my
eye..no..got it with my finger too.! By the time I was done droppin
myself..my eyes really hurt :-) pitiful hey? :-D

Apologies for the late post , I had to take that rest but I made it
here tho I know your glad I did or y'all woulda just been worried sick
lol, I try to keep my promises.:-) ..and oh..welcome AJ..so good to
hear from you.. Your most welcome kiddo.. Nice bunch here ..some
real sweeties. gotta spend time with this GORGEOUS WEEBLE,
I tell on my self all the time- stuff I do to my own self lol..well I try
to fix stuff and some times my fixin needs fixin lol.. right now Im
fixin to head to my bed, and watch tv..I know I wont last long- my
finger will hit that eyes shut button.. I did see part of the awards
last nite..I watch mainly to see the gowns..being a seamstress
that's my main interest cuz I KNOW what those gowns cost and
some of the gowns are the size of a band aid ,lol.. time to say
don't worry, be happy and Nitey Nite :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? luv ya..and thanks! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

11 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allo,
    Very cute great great nephew. His mother is also good looking.
    Take care Dear Lady,
    Robert

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Robert,
    yes hes a doll. and GORGEOUSNESS runs in the family..isnt she lovely?
    Good to hear from you Robert..
    Bon Nuit ? lol.. soir? NITE HON! :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Ps.. thats his Grandmother! His mom is a real beauty too.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    several pizza stories from momar:
    I make my own pizza and cook it in the micro-wave; however, here is one of the wildest pizza stories I ever heard:
    Sal, an underemployed elderly man who lives in my house, discovered that if you go to a certain neighborhood pizzaria at closing time - if you give the bloke on duty a couple of quid (dollars) he will give Sal about 10 slices of pizza or MORE! I will eat a slice of it but my pizza is better.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Ive had pizza every place ive ever lived cuz I love it.. I have to honestly say the pizza up North in the UP, at Riverside was the greatest Ive ever really had, I heard they have changed owners now, but its still good as ever. They cut it into small squares 2 inches or so..good stuff..Sal is smart..a bloke and quid? Is he a Limey? lol.

    Tell me how you make your micropizza momar.. hope you have a good nite and take care..good to hear from you..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 3:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    Dont hit your eye with the bottle, it hurts me to hear you do.... At the drugstore they have something called "bottlestand" or something (in American).... We have it in sweden, its a tiny plastic thing, that you place the bottle in, and then you just put this "stand" around your sweet little eye ((like a frame for the eye). And pop, there comes the drop exactly in the middle of "Bulls eye". And bye rhat i mean YOUR EYES MIDDLE, not any male cows eye!!!!!!
    So my honey if you use that thing your eye is being spared from scratching and soforth.... This is not an advice, its an order! GET ONE OF THIS "STANDS" described above. Cause you want to SEE me i hope, when we hopefully meet sometime? Even if your sweet touch, is more than wanted too.
    : )
    KAO
    ****+*
    YOUR OWN
    ROBERT / Rob

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Rob,
    I should have asked, but I didnt have one before either when I had this same thing, I should have thought that someone would come up with an easier way, I have to send Penny to get another prescription anyway and she can find out for me tomorrow.
    Your loving concern is so sweet and so appreciated Rob.. :-)

    Hope all is well by you take care,
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Great photo, Lois.

    I hope that you feel better today.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,
    Yes, it is.thanks. 2 kissy faces hey? im doing ok today so far, i got up early again 4am..but am planning to take a 'desk rest' here shortly.

    Good to hear from you honey, hope all is well by you..and you have a great day.. take care :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Love the pic. I can almost smell that Johnson's Baby powder (I use it myself every morning!!- no, honest!!) before I put on the B.O.Basher, as my daughter calls it.
    Richard is a bit smaller than my grandson Felix, but I'll bet he is just as good to cuddle. When do you get a cuddle? Hope it is soon. I guess it will have to wait until the worst of the weather is over.
    Robert's advise sounds good to me. It is always difficult to put drops in your own eyes.
    Bathing your eyes with a face cloth dipped in a couple of pints of warm water in which you have put three or four drops of tea-trea essential oil would help, too and you would not have the problems of aiming straight!!
    Take care, Gorgeous Weeble, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    The weather is still bad, and Richard lives in another state,he was only a little over 6 pounds.. sweet boy.

    Penny will be here tomorrow and has a script to pick up for me so she will ask about it. Im sure they have one..I know this way is hard ..

    Hope all is well by you and management is improving.. take care..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker