ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, June 29, 2007

~ I Are Tired~

Well, this woman is tired, I was going to take a nap and
just never got around to it.. I got up early this morning, at
2:45 am, I woke up with a bad stomach and spent the next
hour in the bathroom and by the time I rolled out of there,
hell, I was up ... I did try to lay back down for a while till I
just couldn't stand it and I Had to get up.. I did fall asleep as
soon as I went to bed tho, which was about 830. I don't think
I saw any TV, I don't remember any anyway, so that could be
cuz nothing anything any good was on.. I hate that cuz then
all I do is keep flicking to my favorite channels which is the
Animal Planet, travel channel and the food network lol..I did
watch QVC for awhile, but there were just too many neat
things on there, it was a good thing I didn't have a credit
card when I did watch it..The food they sell on there I know
for a fact is excellent..My sis gets stuff from there all the time.
But I don't remember seeing anything on TV, and I don't
remember shutting it off. so I may not have even turned it on
at all.. I know I did sleep.for a while anyway...

A friend asked me how do I sleep... I usually, most of the time
lay on my back, at times when my tail bone seems to ache
really bad..I pile all my pillows up in front of me, grab the top
one and just lean forward..its really comfortable. I think about
doing that when I had legs, it wasn't that easy, well not and be
comfortable, with longer legs, they almost need to be bent to
be comfortable in a sitting up position..Me, with out my full
leg I can fold right in half..to do that with legs was like an
exercise, its not now.. When I was in the Hellhome, I slept
sitting up alot, I had alot of trouble breathing and my legs
ached so bad all the time sleeping that way helped.

I dont sleep on my right side very much and I cant lay on my left
at all.. I have a abdominal bypass that goes down the side of me.
It was my 2nd. When I lay on that side it hurts so I dont.. To lay
on my right isnt too bad for a short time.. but I have to have the
pillows just so between my stumps or my hip will ache on the
left side.. I think its because my left stump is bigger and longer
of course, if I dont keep it propped up straight it puts too
much pressure on my hip and thats why I cant stay that way
for long..Lots of times I do lay sort of half way on my side with a
pillow under my left side,then one under my left stump and
thats kind of comfy..I know I used to like to sleep laying on my
back with my knees bent, this is close to that feeling...

My left stump being so much shorter I cant cross them at all.. I
try but they wont stay that way, usually with the left longer I
will try to put that over the right, which is not how I always sat
when I crossed my legs, it was always right over left. I will say,
I honestly do miss that I wish I could do that again..sometimes
here at my desk I will pull up close and raise my left stump up
and rest it against the desk.. I used to sit like that sometimes
at night to watch tv.. to just hold it up there not propped against
anything doesnt work..Its not relaxed, like it is with a whole leg.
At least thats what Ive found...When I prop it up here I bring my
keyboard up close, I can now, cuz its a cordless one and so is
my mouse, I lean back in my chair and really relax while I am
on here..usually when I am playing spider solitare.. I like that
game..I can beat 2 colors..not too bad..I like it cuz its kind of
like a strategy thing..if I move this here, I can move that there,
then this goes over there, I like it.. Once I get started though
its very addicting..I say "one more game" at least 3 dozen
times before I actually STOP playing :-)

Well the boy is off to Canada, his brother David,that looks just
like Barb, their mother, is babysitting Donnies house while he and
Dawn are gone for this week. He goes every year and looks so
forward to it..Hes not doing a fly in one this time though, just the
camp kind somewhere up there, me ? camping is good if its in
a motel or hotel..or a nice trailer..thats good camping for me..
Tenting? in the woods? no..been there done that little tidbit and
I am NOT a camper, tenter person. But I am a hungry person
and very very tired, this is a tad early but I am logging off early
tonite and watching tv ..I say that every time.. Time to say
"Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? love ya and thanks! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

5 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Time to run again, ball game tonight Dad will be there for Michael...I going on to see Pam.
    I know lot of my family are on there way here for the family reunion...I haven't heard if any are in yet...We always get together at the motel to visit. Pam come first.
    Lois you have a wonderful weekend ok.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger momar said…

    When the tummy bothers you - do you have chamomile tea in the house it is an herbal tea for relief of stomach cramps and nausea. Teen age girls use it for their monthlies. Have your home attendant get you some in the herbal tea dept.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Gorgeous -

    Well, hope you did get some sleep - no matter how you laid in the bed!

    Momar is right - chamomile tea can be very soothing. Love to have a cup with you some time.....

    Take care - always in my thoughts.

    Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh beautiful lady ... my thoughts and best wishes are with you ... and I pray God help you get comfy and send you sweet dreams of rolling meadows and sunny blue skies.

    Yeah.

    d

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning :-)
    Family Reunions are nice, mine had one last year in the UP, I didnt make it.. I hope you have a great week end too..have some MerryMary Time :-)

    Hi Momar, thats good tea..I was raised on tea..my mom being from the UK.

    HEY BUTTY!!! :-)
    I fell right to sleep and slept till 8 this morning I did good..only had to make one trip last nite.. :-) So nice to hear from you..

    HIYA D.. ooops..d :-) good to hear from you! By the water too ..yes? LOL.. Yeahhh, hope you have a good one! :-D

    Good to hear from y'all ..just makes my day.. thanks :-)
    Love ya!
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker