ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

~New Chair Lady~

Well Michele was here this afternoon, and measured me and
this chair and we discussed a new power chair..She went down
the basement and looked at the old one, and we decided that
the quickie I had is what I wanted and that they still make them,
and she said to my question of how long once you get the
prescription from my Dr tomorrow until I get a chair.. her words:
"it shouldn't take any longer than 3 weeks to get your chair to you."
NOW,, what is the difference here? John from that moronic
Wright & Fillippis said 8 to 16 weeks.. she was amazed..said "No..
it does NOT take that long". I wouldn't recommend Wright &
Filippis to anyone..the salesman was a moron and the service
was the worst of any company I have ever dealt with.. This new
medical supply, R & R have proven already that they are good
and keep their word..when Jim said he would be here he was.
I hope I have NO more crap about this bloody chair.. If I have
even one, as in 1, more problem I wont get one and just do with
out.. Im tired of this..

Tomorrow when I go to the Dr it will be to get this paper signed
and make sure those women down their in the office send it off
if I have to sit there and watch them.. I am only going for this..not
a check up or anything.. I hope Health Plan of Michigan likes
paying for these stupid useless visits to the Dr. I wonder how
much they charge for these kind of visits.?. 11 oclock tomorrow
y'all be thinking of me rolling into that Drs office.. I may take
photos of all of them too .. I will of the ride, just to document
that this GORGEOUS WEEBLE has been outside again..I know
when I leave that office they wont be very happy down there.

Michele measured me every which way..she measured my left
side from my back side to the end of my left stump..guess how
long totally? haha I aint tellin..y'all gotta guess ...when I measured
my left stump it was 13 inches..that's from the groin to the end..
I was pleased to find out how much was added on for my butt lol..
not a whole lot..so I don't have as wide a butt as I thought I did..
:-) ok..I will tell.. the total length from back to front on the left..was
.....17 inches.. Im just a shortie hey? That's what my boy, Donnie,
calls me.. we laugh about it.. Lori was surprised that he did and
it didn't bother me.. Like I told Lori, as long as they don't call me
late for supper, I don't care what they call me :-D .. well no..that's
not true there are some names that I really do NOT like..and I get
very upset if I am called them and will tell you off if you use those
words.


This is a short postie tonite as we are under storm warnings and
I saw the radar and it doesn't look good..so I want to get off this
thing before the storm gets here..All in all was a pretty good day
today, I am..well now, you KNOW what im gonna say, Im
HUNGRY! .. again today I didn't eat lunch..I really need to get back
into that and not eat in the evenings..I very seldom eat sweets,
and the little I do eat I would think I would be just a skinny minny,
sadly..well you see those photos..I am NOT a minny skinny :-)
or vice versa either :-) I do need food though..I have NO idea
what I want.. as its still 3 days to freezer stocking time... I cant
wait..I have my grocery list ALL prepared and come 9 am on
Friday, when the food stamps are in..Penny Dear will be on her
way to the grocery store for me..and everyone said "YIPPEE"
:-) there is only one, 1, thing that I can think of better than good
food..and I wont go there ....im going to the kitchen,, "nitey nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya..and thanks!!! :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

3 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Social workers and case managers sometimes develop burn-out. When you get a good one they fly. It is so nice to find a motivated person.
    When I think of storm warnings I remember for all the years, I lived in Kansas City, how I was never in a tornado until I moved to L.I., N.Y When I was finally in one, I was not hurt but it blew the windows out of our car and only left the wind-shield.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!

    I am soooooo happy!
    Why?
    It is summer!
    And?
    I am online!
    Good....
    I write to my Lois!
    Mmmm....
    Lois is getting a new chair!
    Congratulations....
    Lois is my dearest!
    For shure....
    Lois is worth all the best!
    (In the world)....
    Lois IS best!
    Atleast the sweetest on the Net (read planet)

    Kisses all over you my sweet woman!
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Ive never seen an actual tornado but I know i was in one, got caught driving home, I had drive thru some peoples yards past the trees, I went HOME!!! Storms scare me even now..We are all 3 scaredy cats here...

    Hello Rob,
    Your so fun to read, I love it..you make me smile..

    I hope y'all are having a great day, I went out and am back I documented my trip too lol..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker