ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

~Signing Day~ :-)


Im back in the van again and that's Curtis behind tying me down.
Today was the visit to the doctor to get this paper signed so
I can get a new power chair.. My appt. was for 11 and Curtis
got here about 10:45 or so.. I had to wait about a half hour.. I
was mad..This was a useless trip as far as I was concerned..
When Erica finally called me in back I told her why I was there
and she didn't need to do anything, just get the paper signed..
Well she said "im taking your blood pressure anyway" and
proceeded to do so.. I told her its going to be very high cuz Im
mad..she took the cuff off, put it back, and said its VERY
high..190/100 this is TOO high..she said some other stuff and
said the Dr would be right back as she left..

Few minutes later she came back and said the Dr will be in
in a minute but you have to take this pill to get your blood
pressure back down or we wont let you leave..NOW..did THIS
sound like deja vu? I think I have heard this before.. I told her,
well tried to AGAIN..saying "Just sign the paper, it will come
down". So she left, about 15 minutes later the Dr comes in.
a woman I Have never seen before..very young , pretty and
I don't even remember her name..very nice.. She explained
all the hazards of high pressure like mine and all it can
cause and all I have heard a dozen times... She finally got to
the paper and filled it out..I watched as she signed it..and then
I showed her the fax number to send it to...She promised she
would. I told her I need the stress of THIS problem gone..its
one less I can do without.. I hope she keeps her word...

She put me on a blood pressure patch now..I have to change
it every 3 days..so I will make it the days Penny is here so she
can remind me.. It will be a more constant feed of medication
to keep my blood pressure down..If I can get rid of all the stress
which isnt possible I will be fine. All my other meds are the same
however she does want me to go back and have some blood
work done.. To recheck my thyroid and cholesterol..which she
said was over 500, I don't know what normal or good is on
that..but that was before I have been taking these pills too, so
Im hoping that they have made a difference.. I am so just NOT
a pill taking person.. I even have one of those alarm thingies
to set to remind you..I do that just like I would do the alarm on
a clock..shut it off and forget it. Ive tried lots of reminders and
nothing really works cuz I forget if I take them and Im not sure
well then I don't want to take them again in case I already have,
so I wait till the next day and the same thing happens again..I
have gotten to where I have to keep the container right here on
my keyboard when I go to bed at nite I set it up there so I have
to move it when I get back online in the morning..that works..
so far..

Other than getting this paper signed it was a quiet day of doing
email and I did chat today with a couple of friends, it was a nice
day till later this evening about 6 or so we started getting the
storms I saw on radar headed at us..Right now its pouring rain
and at least the wind has slowed and no more thunder n stuff..
the cats are under the bed..They hate these storms..Im starved
as usual, and I need a snack, then TV, strenous day and I am
really tired.. Im glad today is ending and can start a new one
in a few hours. "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one Now , Y'hear? Love ya, and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

6 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my 87 year old ex-super is very angry and she also has high blood pressure. I tend to be laid back and my bp is usually 120 or 130 over 70-90. So become laid back!!! easy to say isn't it.!

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allo ma Belle,
    Relax, take it easy.
    Always,
    Robert

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois I sure did miss coming on line to see all your pictures...wow they are great pictures too and so many of them...
    Always try to keep calm at all times, you will live longer...
    And that a good thing...I have problem with high blood pressure too, take all my med first thing in the morning and one at supper time.
    Pam doing a little better.
    God bless you my friend...
    It going to be a long weekend for me, family reunion time...
    I will be thinking about you even if I miss coming every night...and praying for your neew wheelchair...

    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    It is not so hard taking pills, all you need is something to remind you to do take them. In my case and i am an expert, i take 10 pills a day!!!!
    I get reminded by a little red box with all the pills for a week laying inside in smaller boxes. When i get up the first thing i see is the "pillbox" and i take em.... You must take pills you know, cause if you dont you might leave us too soon, and you know that my promise gonna take time to realize!
    What promise???
    Well you dont happen to remember, that we shall meet in real life someday? And if we shall, you must keep your part of the promise:
    1 To stay as healthy as you are now.
    2 Not to loose any more parts of your wonderful body.
    3 To keep a spare blanket and pillow.
    4 Take your pills, regularly.
    5 To wait for this to happen in the future!

    That cant be a too big task for you, so begin with TAKING THEM PILLS!
    KAO´s dear
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Hon,

    Been away or a few days, just catching up. Love all your new pics of course - in and out of the van too. Glad you are using that camera. Sorry the Dr. visit was such a pain in the...well... you know that - lol.

    Hope things work out well with the new power chair.

    Take care - always thinkin of ya!

    Butty

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning,
    Wow, what a nice surprise..so great to hear from y'all..just makes my day. Im pleased to know you like what I put here even thou alot is my gripes lol..so great to read your nice words, Momar, Robert,Mary,Rob,Butty, thanks...y'all are the bestest :-D...
    Always,Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker