ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, June 25, 2007

~Todays Outing~


Well there you see this GORGEOUS WEEBLE.. getting
into the COA van..Curtis is backing me up into it.. its easier
than going in frontways.. Was beautiful day.. the van was
out in front of the house in the street..just in front of me
was the sidewalk..This is one of their newer vans..its very
nice and air conditioned too :-) Penny took the photo. I
told Penny we have to document my outing since many
think I never go anywhere..see? im fixing to roll..well ok
the van is :-D
Im in side the van, there are straps and seat belts.. next to
me is a chair that folds up to make room for wheelchairs..
There are 4 well 5 counting the seat belt..a hook that latches
on to the front and back wheels..to keep it in place.. It can
still tip sideways, which I found out when one of the drivers
once made a sharp turn too fast and my chair tipped sideways.
now that was scarey.. I hold on..I held onto the top of that seat
next to me there.. Penny rode up front with Curtis..
When we got there I was NOT happy when I saw there
were over 30 people there..inside and out. You can see
no one looks happy at all.. When I took my number I was
number 59..Penny was 60.. they called the next number
as we looked for a seat, the number was 25.. and it was
10:30 in the morning when we got there.. There were only
2 women behind the counter to process everyone...I told
Penny I bet some are on coffee breaks.. I was right.. within
20 minutes a man and another woman came out to wait on
people.. That place KNOWs how busy it is.. and people
there with tiny kids..and they just had to wait.. and wait ..
I was so glad when my number was called.. I rolled as fast
as I could..

I have to say..when someone in a wheelchair rolls past a lot
of people that are bored and tired..well I was stared at..which
I don't care.. I just smiled and said. " well aint this a nice way
to spend a Monday morning " and rolled around till I found a
chair for Penny to sit in.. I said very loudly " Boy am I GLAD
I COME with a CHAIR!!!.. I have fun saying that in a room
full of people been standing a long time. a few as I looked at them
smiled.... there was a man propped up against a wall..and
he said " you wouldn't happen to have room on that chair
for 2 would ya?" I laffed and so did everyone in there :-D
I told him he would have to sit on the arm rest , my lap wasn't
big enough to let him sit on it.. he really laffed at that..
Penny and I got our stuff done and as you see we are headed
back home..It was a great ride there and back as Curtis took
all the back roads..and that's what I enjoy.. .
Penny brought me some inpatients today..she found the box in
the back by the flower bed there, and planted them ..The box
just fits on the railing on the top of the ramp..soon they will be
just beautiful.. You can see my little porch.. its nice.

I got a phone call from my insurance today about my power
chair..Deborah called about it ..told me a new company called
R & R will be coming to measure etc..the lady called and she
will be here tomorrow about 2 or 3..I told Deborah about having
to go back to the Dr. again..that really makes me mad..I cannot
see why my Dr. cant just write a prescription for me to get my
chair.. when I go Wednesday that is the ONLY reason I am
going.. I will not allow them to take pulse..temp..BP or nothing
that is NOT why I am there.. I am so mad about this.. does this
Dr. Johnson not know amputated legs don't grow back?? I
honestly don't know what her problem is.. but I sure plan to find
out when I go on wed.. no one in that office will be very happy
by the time I leave there.. this really eats my lunch not to mention
makes me furious!! this is uncalled for.. I told Deborah.. I better
get my chair or I am going to find a lawyer.. this isnt right.. a
YEAR?? to get my power chair replaced? that's not right.. and
the bad thing is..those that CAN help DONT.. well I better get
my chair..and if I can find a lawyer I still may sue them all..this
isnt right.. I cant go out of my house alone, not without a power
chair.. and the bad part is..the ones sposta care..my Dr.. the
insurance people..they don't.. and there isnt a lot I can do..but
I bet I get a lawyer and sue them for this abuse and neglect..they
wont do it to anyone else ~!~ So, who knows a lawyer??

Even though that crap made me so stinking mad..it wasn't too
bad a day..my boys were so mad when I got back..they wouldn't
even come to me..they still wont.. little buggars.. they have a
temper as bad as mine.. we are a hell of a bunch here ill tell ya..
Im starved..by the time we got home was 1:30 and I had mail to
do and soothe my angry boys..so I didn't eat..ive got a little TV
dinner in the freezer and that's gonna be my dinner..then TV.
and of course..I KNOW I will hit that sleep button on that clicker.
I call my TV remote my clicker..my sister calls it a channel
changer..which it is.. but clicker is easier :-) I remember my
mom loved this Carmel popcorn that you can buy called Fiddle
Faddle..my mom called it Faddle Daddle :-).. "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

5 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois
    Matbe I'm wrong but I think you should have MADE them take you BP, Pulse, etc. just so you can know what medications you might need. If you don't take care of yourself, how are WE??? Think of yourself - don't be stubborn. Take advantage of a Doctor's visit to ask questions and get answers.
    Lova Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    I'm glad you got out yesterday. You spend too much time in your house!

    Thanks for the nice post.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning..
    My appointment with the dr is on Wed. when I go for a check up she can take all that stuff.. I just had one a month ago..This visit is just for her to sign again..that my legs have not grown back..

    Hiya Gray!!! :-)
    Good to hear from you honey..ya, I gotta go out once in a while..once I get this bloody power chair then I can go out in the yard etc. I will be glad.. Well why dont you come here and take me out? hehe..come on... :-)

    Hope you have a good day,
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    WELL DONE!! You finally got out for a while. You know, Gray is right, it does you good to get out now and then.
    Don't let that visit to the Dr. push your blood pressure up. You can kill them just as well by being all sweetness and light, in the most sarcastic way, like my daughter does with the poorly run High School my grandson attends. Gets results without pushing the BP up too much.
    Thanks for the pics, Hon.
    Take care. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    I cant wait till tomorrow its gonna be fun.. lol..By the time I leave it will be THEM with the high blood pressure..

    Take care.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker