ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, June 28, 2007

~A Shorter Broom~

Today has been a pretty good day other than making a
mess trying to put on a pot of beans it was ok.. I had a good
lunch for a change from COA, meatloaf, smashed tatoes,
mixed veggies..and desert was strawberry shortcake..NOW,
THAT was a GOOD lunch and needless to say I ate every
BIT of it..The COA does make good meatloaf, but it also
happens to be one of my favorites next to fries n gravy, I
havent made them in a while.. Was kind of a big mess that
Penny will have to help me with tomorrow. I tried to clean it,
but I wasn't about to get out that broom, Im going to have
Donnie cut the handle off one.. I have no need for that long a
handle on a broom.. I used the paint pan.. :-)

I got out my crock pot and safely put water in it.. with out getting
a drop on Dutch, who of course, was right there, then I got out
the big bag of small white navy beans.. was a VERY big bag.
I didn't know I had any until I started plundering through my cabinet
in the bathroom where I keep food too.. I cut across the top of the
bag then proceeded to sift thru handful at a time, ive found tiny rocks
and some ugly looking deformed beans sometimes..so I like to
scan the ones I cook .. I was doing this and Dutch of course, its
HIS fault..and LB, they both heard the beans falling into the water,
and had to see what the strange noise was..when LB jumped
up on the arm of my chair he bumped my arm hard enough so the
top of that bag fell aside and the beans went all over the table,
me AND the floor.. Dutch thought this was great and he spent
the next 10 minutes playing with navy beans slapping them back
and forth.. LB did the same thing when he saw Dutch was having
a good time.. :-)

I finished putting the beans in the crock pot and then started to
clean up all the beans that went all over the table which took quite
a while, they went under the microwave, the hot plate, all over.. I
looked down at the floor and they were everywhere, even moreso
since the boys were playing with them.. The chair sticking paint
pan was under the table so I used that to scrape as many of the
beans together that I couldn't reach.. It was fun, bending and then
up , then down..then rolling..Im glad those beans didn't squish
when I rolled over them :-) But I got as many as I could I hated to
leave a mess for Penny when I did this..well no the boys did, she
has enough to do..and besides tomorrow is the first and she is
going to the store to get groceries ..I am glad, as I am out of
everything... I made a list and checked it twice ... NEVER make
a grocery list or go shopping when you are hungry :-) I did that
a few times, I always got something I can open on the way home
and have a taste..I learned to open the package before I leave
the parking lot.. just cant do it going down the road .. not safe,
specially when the stuff wont open even though it says 'easy
open' its NOT... specially when your hungry for it.. I pulled open
a bag of chips the wrong way and a tad too aggressively - :-)
my car looked like it rained chips in it.. :-)

I got a phone call from Michele that came about the chair- to
inform me that she received the paper from the doctor and that
she was faxing it to Deborah at HPM..I called her and let her know
to watch for it.. Deborah called me back said she got it and the
chair is in the works and should be here in a few weeks time..SO.
NOW..lets see how long it takes.. I marked the date on my calendar
so.. I hope 3..but I bet 4.. Im anxious to get it..but now I have to find
a place to keep it..there is not a lot of room in here.. I may have to
move some stuff down the basement, I hate to but.. I have no choice.
The joys of a small house..

I want you to know I am really grateful for all the comments and email
I get..I honestly enjoy hearing from you.. Its such a treat to read those
nice kind comments when I get back online in the morning and the
mail in my inbox.. Thanks.. means a lot to me.. I like knowing this is
read and I appreciate the suggestions as to what I can write about,
they are always welcome..There arent too many things I don't tell, I
tell EVERYTHING .. . . well that's what being honest and open is..
someone has to be and not afraid to talk, well write about things..
and how they are and just what this life is really like day to day..it
sure aint easy and I know if I have a few easy going days can't
let my guard down.. no.. I have to stay "on my toes" so to speak..
But thanks hey? you are appreciated a lot.!. :-)

NOW, you know whats next from this GORGEOUS WEEBLE..
FOOD!! my beans are almost ready and I am SO ready for them
onions and sausage in them MMM good stuff Maynard..
"Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one, Y'hear ..love ya and Thanks!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

5 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois

    Well my day here is rain and more rain...needing to go out again to see Pam at 7 PM. Hoping not to get to wet when I do.
    I am sure your cat love playing with the beans...a little excitment is great...
    I got Pam home all clean up for her. I'm so tried from it all...Today I'm going through lot of my paper work, and seeing what I can throw out...Friday going to get ready for the reunion for Saturday.
    God bless you my friend, and thanks for missing me. Nice to be missed. I did miss coming here too.
    Mary

     
  • At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Navy beans? I guess they are what we call "Haricot Beans" Glad they turned out OK after all that hastle!!
    We had cold lamb yesterday (Thurs) but with broad beans and new potatoes straight out of the garden.Boy!! were they GOOD!! With butter, of course, and lovely CARROTS!!! Followed by a pecan and apple ring, made with canned croisant pastry, with maple syrup and ice cream. Yummie!! ;oD
    Hope they get on with making that chair, now they have the paper-work. You should be able to use the new charger for your old chair and have a reserve!
    Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S.
    LOVE the pic of Her Majesty. Queen Lois, in the Royal Car, giving the Royal Wave with Her Royal Left Hand!!!
    Luv Ya (Your Majesty!!!)
    Raife

     
  • At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Guess what? It's raining here again but I do see a little blue sky so maybe it's going to stop soon. My son's friend works in Sheffield in Yorkshire - that's the place that has the worst of the flooding - he had to be airlifted off the top of his work building on Monday evening. He sent a text message to my son who was here with us, telling him to turn on the TV and two minutes later there was Tom dangling from a helicopter. What a way to leave the office eh?
    I agree with Raife you do look very regal in the car, I am so glad that things are coming together for you. Soon we shall see photos of you zooming up and down the street sorting out everyone and everything! LOL
    Julie x

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary, so nice to hear from you..Work never ends my friend its always there. You bet I missed you .. Just dont overdo..take care of you..which means a little MERRY time for MARY.. :-)

    Hiya Raife,
    Its the same kinda beans in pork and beans..good stuff..Ive never tasted lamb..I think we call it mutton? I dunno..:-) Glad you liked the "royal wave" lol...

    Hiya Julie!
    ive been hearing about how bad over there.. flooding is a terrible thing..and so fast. Hows the kitties? The photo you sent of them is on my desktop in my webshots thingie..they are so cute, specially the one sticking his tongue out... like "neener neener we is on the table " lol..cute kids..

    I hope y'all have a great evening..take care and thanks so much for writing!! I love it :-)
    Always, LOis ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker