ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, June 30, 2007

~Was A Shower Day~


Nice SatDay, I didn't do nuthin and Im tired still.. I was all
day..almost like I didn't wanna wake up and do anything.
I have no choice but to get up once I wake up tho or all I
do is lay down, sit up, go up and down a few times, almost
like an exercise..I really have no set schedule to do any
thing which is kinda nice, seems I still end up doing stuff
about the same times every day though.. The boys see
they get me up by a certain time..If not at 430, then will
try again about 730, then that time its both of them.earlier
its usually only Dutch.. I woke up feeling good, Im just
tired,inside, not weak..just give out..Some TV tonite, even
though there isnt anything good on that I can think of ..well,
COPS is on and sometimes its pretty ok..I get tired of watching
all the blood and violence and all that murder junk.. I prefer
a comedy, like cheers or Friends, I do like that Grays Anatomy
that's on though, that's pretty good.. Lost was but I got lost
watching it... If I cant find anything then I go to my good standby
animal planet..

I did take a shower today, which is a major deal..To pull that
shower chair out of the tub is just NOT easy to do..the legs
get hung up on the arms of the potty rails.. I have to lift it way
up to make sure it clears it to swing the chair where its over
the side of the tub..Then I have to get the towels..at least 3.
one just for my hair, and one is for sitting..depending on
which towel I get for drying off I may have to get a 2nd one.
Some of mine are not in the best shape..I don't think I even
have 2 that match! :-) theyre all in different levels of thickness.
Then I have to adjust the water just right before I get in..I have
the seat up close to the faucet, just enough room for the shower
nozzle to hang down..(Thats an old pic before the potty rails)

When I pull up to that shower bench I have to slide forward and
then pull the shower curtain across and sit on it..so the water
doesn't go out of the tub. The hand held shower doesn't have
a wall mount for it.. I tried using the higher up shower nozzle
but by the time it gets down to me it really splashes all over.
So by the time I scrub every thing and get the curtain back
and careful not to let the water out that piled up there, I put
a towel down and try to lift up and sit on it , then drag over
to my chair.. Then I finish drying off..

The other hard part is putting that shower bench back into
the tub, I have to because it sticks out and I cant get on to
the potty, I get that moved, and move around to get back
on the potty, and that's where I sit and get dressed.. I pull
my skirt over my head then the top..I push the chair back
a little from the edge, and my skirt will drop, I slide back
into my chair..and Im done.. well no then I have to go and
fight to do something with my hair.. I like long, I can do
more with it,, but its a pain to dry ..If I put it up it will take
forever even as thin as it is..

By the time I get through with this whole routine , I havent
really timed myself..but I know its close to 2 hrs.. All that
moving and I cant just rush either.. well takes forever to
look good..deciding which perfume to wear takes forever
since I ran out of my favorite White Shoulders.. And too
this whole shower routine Im fighting Dutch too .he sits
on the bench with me..hes goofy ..he likes the water.. Its
a major deal..The shower at the apartment was ideal..so
big and roomy.. I miss certain things about that apartment
but I don't miss the nosey neighbors and the lack of fixing
things..and needless to mention the lack of privacy...

Time to finish fixing my hair..and Im logging off early tonite
and taking a nap and just resting for an evening..wish I
had a caramel Sunday ..now THAT sounds good! It
also sounds like a chair shrinker too! "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

10 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It may be difficult but I'll bet you look beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    We had a wonderful family, not many there only 61 this year...high gas was one of the problem and the rain and flood water didn't help either...

    Our city water is going to be turn off this evening some time...flood water is getting to high...everyone is filling everything they can right now with water...stores are sold out of water too...
    We are on high ground.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allo Lois,
    Always enjoy reading you. You must be very beautiful in that shower with water falling over you.
    Always,
    Robert

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois,

    How are u. Me fine. It is nice to hear. It has been a long time that we have not talked.

    I would like to have some more about this part ' Some of mine are not in the best shape..I don't think I even have 2 that match! :-) theyre all in different levels of thickness.'

    I hope that u will be posting a very nice picture tonight.

    Do u wear mini-skirt and small top. I would like to see u in this outfit.

    Hope to hear you very soon.

    Take care in the meantime.

    Bye...Bye..Bye.Bye

    Yashvin.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    You sure need a helping hand to shower! It would be SO much easier with a tame slave to move things about for you - would cut the time in half. And then someone to blow-dry your hair.
    Can I be first on the list of volunteers, PLEASE!!! ;o)
    Take care, Honey, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Well hello hello..this is so nice to read..Im pleased..such nice things said..

    Im GORGEOUS :-D..Stay safe Mary, its flooding terrible in the UK as well..so sad..
    Hi Robert!!! so VERY GOOD to hear from you! I was worried not hearing from you for a while..

    Hi Yashvin, I just put photos of me, as I am..Good to hear from you and know your ok..

    Hiya Raife!! :-)
    You can be my #1 volunteer..soon as you can get across that puddle out there lol.. I need ALL the help I can get..trust me LOL..

    Good to hear from you! thanks !
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hy lois you ever butt walk around your home

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hy lois must be hard for you to shower.do you undress in bathroom or in your bedroom

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi, no I dont get on the floor, and it is not easy to shower, I get dressed in the bathroom thats where my clothes are in the closet..its easier in there ..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why is it so hard for you to shower.you have to climb out off your chair.you never butt walk so your stumps dont get no exercise

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker