ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, July 29, 2007

~Me and Brandy~ and Dutch :-)


I was digging thru photos and this is one taken back in
has to be 71 Im just not sure.. I would have to look on the
marriage liscense of Willie and I ..I was living in a cute house
in Galena Park, TX just outside Houston, small nice town.. I
was living there with a man name Sidney, well Sid.. I met him
when I worked down town at a bar, he was a sea man. He
worked the boats out of Morgan City,LA to go to the off shore
oil rigs. he spent so much time out and so much time back
in..weeks.. I got to know him.. and we lived together in this
house..He worked first in Houston and was a desk clerk at a
motel there, that's where I met my 2nd husband. Sid got a
better job at one of the refinerys in Jacinto City or somewhere,
and I didn't work then.. This was between husband 1 and 2...


That's Brandy, one of my favorite pets..she was MY dog too..she
listened, but did NOT mind anyone else..only me.. She was so
sweet..would sit up at the drop of a hat.. I had her 15 years.. a
long time..she went through a lot with me..even through a car
wreck when her stupid mother got drunk and THOUGHT she
could drive.. I learned the HARD way on that too.. Anyways...See
the big, flat, ugly feet? I had toes..and they were ugly..the nails
no matter what I did to them..I bet I could have climbed trees with
those things if I had filed them into a point that's how bad they
were..

I had a great yard at this place, and there was a garage, 2 car and
a apartment above the garage..I had some beautiful flowers planted
all around the house.. A friend took this photo..Jim..I wonder what
happened to him..I wonder what happened to Sid..he loved his beer.
His nick name for me was Shotz...cuz I had such a bad temper and
would go off fast as a bullet being fired.. :-) Sid drank alot..that was
his main reason for working, he made excellent money working the
boats and at the refinery. While I lived there my sister Shirley and
Stanley and their family came to meet me.. I had NEVER met her or
seen her or spoken to her.. I had ONLY just got in touch with my
brother, that had called me a few times, when Shirley pulled up in my
driveway that day, I had NO idea who she was..

I was digging in my flower bed, all dirty and grungy. A HUGE RV , a
Winnebego back then..Stanley steps out..strides across the lawn and
right up to me.. I looked up at him..he says " Your Lois, I would know you,
you look like your mother, Im your brother in law, Stanley, I have your
sister, Shirley in that motor home with our children. He reached out to
shake my hand and I grabbed it and made him help me up at the same
time.. We walked around the front of the RV and the door opened.. one.
two, three, four, five kids stepped out.. the twin boys, the youngest were
about 5 or 6 at the time.. Then out steps my sister.. She walked up to me,
we smiled..hugged, and proceeded to go into the house.. the kids stayed
in the yard and played..we all got to know each other and it was great..

My sister and her family stayed 2 weeks..we travelled all over, saw all the
sights..and went to Galveston to fish, we had a great time..They even
said it was a wonderful holiday.. When my sister first got out of the RV, I
didn't know her.. I was glad to meet her, but we were strangers.. I see how
they act on TV when they meet a family member for the first time.. well it
wasn't like that.. we were very glad to meet..yes.. but it was hugging a total
stranger.. NOW..when they left 2 weeks later? I cried.. I hated to see them
go.. I had NO idea when I would see them again.. She had been lost to me
for over 30 years then.. That day was just the beginning of having found a
great sister..shes very good to me..and now?? she lives only about an
hour away.. I don't see her very often ..but shes there... just a phone call
away.. Im glad..
Well Ive been going thru photos to decide what to send to Theresa for
that CMH thing.. I don't know what to send.. I have so many photos.. I am
really ashamed to even say how many..its pathetic..and its only cuz I
don't know how to take just ONE!!!!.. then I keep them all..and well then I
end up with the tons I have.. I just need to get rid of them.. Why I keep all
of them I have no idea.. I am just SO VAIN!!! :-) but im GORGEOUS..
that photo wasn't taken today, but well.. I just am really not having a
good hair day and I was NOT going to take a photo looking like the
wicked witch of the west you know? so.. I don't think I put this photo here
before..one in this same outfit..yes.. but different pose I think..well I got
tired of looking at photos of me and decided I like this one..and there
you have it.. want something different? well I have TONS...so write and
ASK... I do NOT sell them you know... I am NOT for sale...but if you
would like others.. write and ask..before I delete them..once gone..well..
gone for good.. anyways.. that's tonites photo..I hope you like it..That's
Dutch in it with me..mad of course..

Im off to watch TV I did NOT see ONE thing on it last
nite..I saw cops for a few minutes..and that's all I
remember till 430 when Dutch decided to lay on my
face and tap tap tap with that little furry foot of his..Every
time he does that I kinda cringe thinking he just stepped
out of his litter box..but no..Ive watched him after he does
a major stinkie..and he cleans and washes and all that..
specially his feet...so I don't worry..Cats really are very
clean pets... LB will absolutely refuse to use his litter box if it
is not clean and empty all the time..he will go up to it..and then
sniff..and if its not clean..he will start to MEOW!!! and howl..
and come in and get me..go back and forth howling until I go
and figure out the litter box is dirty ...kids.. Time for a snack,
TV, and sleep.. of course, NOT necessarily in that order..:-)
"Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya.. and thanks :-)
ALways, Lois ****
God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

7 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Vain you may be, but GORGEOUS you Certainly are!!
    Those little toes were just dinkey, too. I don't know what all that "If I sharpened the nails, I could have climbed a tree" nonsense was about!!
    The pic of you with LB (I hope that's who it is" is great, too, with a discrete little bit of stump showing! Thank you for those. Of course, they have been duly added to my collection!! ;o)
    Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    QUOTE LOIS:
    See the big, flat, ugly feet? I had toes..and they were ugly
    :END QUOTE

    dEAREST DEAR ONE! nOW YOU TALKING SHIT!!!!!
    Those feets and toes are just lovely, the nails mebbe was no good but the feets was just gorgeous... But your legs are better now!
    End of that discussion.
    Kisses all over dear!
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

    (now i leave for countryhouse)

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife!
    Well the toes were little stubby things and the nails were awful.. I very seldom wore open toed shoes..I always went barefoot at home tho..was the thing..no matter whos house you go into you take your shoes off at the door..we all did and still do.
    Well I can send you the big size! I tole ya.. and all the other 10 I took at the same time hahaha..NO NO Just kidding only 6 :-D ....

    Hiya Rob, you sweetie.. :-)
    LMAO..you make me laugh.. Thanks for the smiles and kisses you dear man.. :-)

    Good to hear from you..makes me feel good.. thanks :-) ****
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois
    Absolutely wonderful update - one of your best. It's so refreshing to hear your honest comments about your life, experiences and all those things that everyone else is so reluctant to talk about. And if you had big toes - all the better to "kick ass" with... which I'm sure you did.
    Love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Well hey.. :-)
    Its just me then and now, except now I dont have that bloody daily fight with UGLY toes!! :-D... I do miss the shoes tho.. I LOVED high spike heels.still do lol..
    I still can kick ass, even with no feet! :-D All I have gone thru, well Its too good not to share! :-D
    Hell, I didnt get this GORGEOUS by taking the easy road you know..well thats my excuse anyway :-D .

    Nice to hear from you..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    It is so wonderful your sister live a hour away. Wish you could see more of her.
    I have save some pictures of you on the computer... nice to have you for a friend too.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary!
    So nice to hear from you..Hope you had a good day today..Feel free to take any of the photos
    Got to go..
    always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker