ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, July 05, 2007

~Theyre Doin' Good~ :-)


First please notice that my garbage can lid is ON..is that not
a good thing?? I am very pleased..funny how just a small thing
really just gets to you sometimes.. My one friend said he just
picks it up, puts it back on and says nothing or complains...
they keep doing it.. If everyone complained maybe these places
would do a better job. just as easy to put a lid on right as it
is wrong.. Well Im glad to see it like that...how its sposta be.
Now..look to the right..the white thingie there is for the rose
bush that's planted there..she doesn't look real good..but,
on each side are the tomato plants..theyre doing really good.
you see the lillies.. now the close ups.... :-)
I hope they do good.. I don't care if they ripen..but as long as I
can have some green tomatoes..well I will be a MOST happy
camper.. I LOVE friend green tomatoes..they are so good..
Even the movie named that was good :-)... but they are..not
what you would expect being a tomato would taste like..I
have had them since I was little..my mom made them all
summer..they had a great garden..Every night they would
go out and inspect, weed, water, and they enjoyed it..every
one up north has a garden..well here too.. during the time when
everything is ready there are stands selling veggies all up and
down the back roads here.. We used to love to buy that fresh
when we didn't have a garden... When I did my canning, I usually
bought the fruit or veggies by the bushel basket.. I made some
killer peaches, and my sweet pickles I bet would have won a
prize at a fair they were so good..but I have all the OLD recipes,
from my grandmother..theyre the best..and of course I have my
mothers..Besides herself, that was the most valuable thing she had.
I had to zoom in on the lillys..day lillies we call them..these are the
orange and yellow where the other ones just past that tree and by
the garage door are yellow.. These are so pretty.. I noticed when we
went to sturgis that all along the roads the wildflowers were just
glorious..so pretty..One of the Presidents wives..LadyBird I think,,
made a thing that wildflowers be planted all along the highways,
and they sure did a good job around here and up North.. Just
beautiful to see a whole hill side of nothing but lupines and brown
eyed susans and daiseys.. beautiful... why its so nice to travel
the back roads.. some of those old deserted farms..the flowers
that are still growing.. be some beautiful photos..
My back yard the grass is really dry..by the side of the garage
there you can see the rose, then the day lillie..then on the end
I think is another Lilly, perhaps the star gazer kind that are
just wonderful..I have hostas down below the kitchen and bath
room windows.. I didn't remember that they bloomed.. really
pretty.. The photo I took of them was ickky and I didn't take
the time to take another one.. tiny delicate flowers on a tall
stem.. My impatients on the front porch are doing real good.
The double white ones are beautiful.. We were sposta get
rain but we didn't sure would help that dry looking lawn..but
then will make it grow faster too, then that means cut more..
In that top photo you can just make out a branch that came
out of the tree, I have NO idea why ..its a healthy one..looks
like someone deliberately broke it off.. that could be, maybe
it hung down to low for the van or something.. I will ask Penny
tomorrow when she comes..

Ive been talking with a friend that is very familiar with Chicago.
There are so many interesting things there to see and do.. I
have not been there since I was in high school.. I know I went
to the zoo with my parents when I was ..well 12 maybe? Im
not sure.. I have a photo but I guess the box is under my bed and
I couldn't get at it..just me sitting on a big stuffed bear.. But I
think would be great to spend 3 or 4 days touring that great
city.. I would love the getaway..now I just have to find someone
to go with me.. Kelli is going to Louisiana to see my ex, her
Papa..she goes there maybe twice a year to see him..hes
very good to her ..she loves him a lot..

I made a huge mess in the kitchen this morning.. Being blind
in my left eye I have no depth perception and either I was
blind in my good eye or still half asleep..but I missed the thingie
to put the coffee grounds in and the whole top of it all together..
I had coffee grinds everywhere.. and this was on fixing my very
FIRST cup too! now is THAT aggravating..as bad as waking
up and finding that the coffee maker doesn't work at all..But,
I know how to make coffee in a pan on the stove..the old way..
boiling it and then letting it settle.. and its good too.. Well It
took forever to clean it up but I finally did get a cuppa coffee..
what a way to start the day..:-)

I know how Im gonna end this one..my usual way with my
usual GORGEOUS WEEBLE words.. "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

10 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I've lost my right eye, so I know all about 3-D problems. When I pour from a bottle, I always put the neck of the bottle on the edge of the glass or touch the spoon on the edge of the cafetiere when I put the put the coffee in. Try it. It save a whole heap of mess!! ;o)
    Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, I know you do.. I still make mis judgements.. I blame the sleepies..lol... I do know that trick.. I lost my eye in 83.. think I would be used to it LOL..

    Good to hear from you..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love to see the pix of you as a child. Can Penny dig it out for you?

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi, Yes, I have put photos of me when I was younger here..I will have her get my box tomorrow I have a list of things for her to find for me :-) joys of a small house lol..

    Nice to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    green tomatoes - I grow tomatillos which are Mexican tomatoes. They are self seeding and grow like weeds. I use all mine to make salsa, which is a green sauce yummy with fish and meats. One summer I got 30 quarts of salsa and the crop was worth a fortune.

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois good to be hear again.
    I only like ripe tomato never green...unless it in a salsa and not real hot either.
    Pam is home, still has some problem...will see the doc Monday afternoon.
    We are able to get free water at times here...just can't keep on buying all we need...
    Mary

     
  • At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    Thank you for yesterday! I have longed so long for a chat with you, so now i am partly pleased!
    Bout green tomatoes i have never seen one, and not eaten one either! We dont have that stuff here, but i have also seen the film.
    I really lookin forward for my next mailcontact with you, and i hope you know why!
    ; )
    I am so glad i have found you, and your wonderful corner of Internet. You wonderful friend, of mine!
    Take care of the things i appreciate the most (You)....
    Kisses all over dear Lois
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

    (Today i begin my long journey for home)

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning!
    Green Tomatoes, dipped in beaten egg, then bread crumbs and fried to golden brown..WONDERFUL~!!~ Try them. I dont like spicey hot food I cant eat it..burns my lips and takes my breathe away lol.

    I hope you have a good crop this year too Momar..will you have a garden at the 2nd house?

    I hope things get better there for you Mary.

    Hi Rob,
    Please be careful on your drive back home. Its always so nice to hear from you.. Your so sweet :-)

    I hope y'all have a good day today, take care :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Me too- I was born blind in one eye. It is all too easy to pour things too close or too far away. It also means that I have a terrible time trying to play ping pong.

    I hate coffee grounds all over the place. It just is so unpleasant to clean up!

    Thanks for the photos. It's nice to know where you are situated. I like lilies too.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,
    Good to hear from you.. Losing an eye is a big adjustment.. I lost mine in 84 and still can do stupid things lol..
    Glad you liked the photos. . .
    Hope you have a good day.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker