ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, July 07, 2007

~Summer Fun~


Summer fun hey? Now, am I dressed ready for fun or what? I
LOVE the hat :-) I was 2. Why I have this hat on I don't know, I
had asked my mother about it and it was her hat and I really
liked it.had a net and all.. I always used to get it and wear it.
I had worn it for a couple days, and when mom said we were
to go to the lake, I refused to go with out my hat.. Pitiful hey?
But look at that kid, what a GORGEOUS CHILD :-) The hair
notice is VERY light blonde and VERY curly..Love the 2 piece
suit too..

Behind on the left you can see the wood piled for the stoves
at the picnic sites. Right behind me is a picnic table. a bench
farther over under that little tree I think.. The lake..is one of 4
that are in a chain ..called the Fortune Lake Chain.. There are
bridges to go over the connecting parts . the very last chain
I had never been to but I was told it is only small boats that can
get through.. Was a lovely lake.. Far across looks like 2 lakes
but its not, .that land part is part of an island that's out there off
this side of the lake by the swimming beach.. it has a bridge
to get to it and there are picnic tables over there as well..

The beach is wonderful, sandy. There used to be an old changing
house, divided of course.. You had to pay 50cents I think to get
a wire basket to put your clothes in..then after you got your suit
on the baskets had places like with hooks I think ..I don't really
remember..but I know when we would go out to swim the basket
was suspended from the ceiling. I think its still there.. There is a
huge log open building that has a snack place to get stuff and a
huge fireplace in the open area and tables, and chairs..they put
on concerts there sometimes..or used to.. People would sit out
on the grass outside that was around it.. was really nice. The lake
then was like a mirror and the people were laying or sitting on
blankets or towels..listening to the music of the band that had
come to play..was beautiful time.. I see it now as that. back then,
well I probly was still in the water or over on the boat dock.. Of
course there were tennis courts and even a shuffle board place..

The 2 best places of course were the beach and the boat dock.
That's where the picnic fun was.. Most of the family owned boats.
My Uncle Ernie had nice, really fast one..They had 3 sons that were
very athletic, everyone water skiied and were excellent swimmers.
Well I should say a 3rd best place and that was of course the picnic
tables when all the food was out on it..Usually I remember at least
4 tables end to end all lined up with food ..we all walked around it
helping ourselves to some of THE most delicious food..and then
were the deserts.. The big dinner when we went for the day was at
noon, we all went out early in the morning to get a good table. After
we ate was a rule no swimming, so we all would go to the boat dock.
Some of the men went fishing, some took naps, and I remember
my mom and them all getting settled down for some good talking
with a cuppa coffee.. Were great times..
I found that photo of me at the Lincoln Park Zoo.. I bet I was only
what? 10? about that Id say.. The bear does look real.. I don't
remember a lot about going there but by the look on my face Im
not really liking to sit on that smelly bear after 9 dozen people
specially as hot as it probly was, looking at how im dressed.. I
know I did enjoy the zoo tho.. I went back again to Chicago on
our Senior band trip..that was excellent..the museums and art
places were great..we spent 3 days there..We did all sorts of
things to raise money to go.. I bet we washed a zillion cars..
was worth it tho..I wonder if I wash cars now could I get enough
for a long week end in Chicago? Hmmm .. :-D

My spaghetti sauce, or should I say Pennys, my recipe, is very
good.. I made some angel hair pasta and I had a small plate
for lunch..it was SO good I may have some more for my dinner.
Penny is a very good cook..Monday we are going to try to make
some saffron bread. I love saffron..If Penny can find it in the store.
Some places keep it locked, its so expensive.worth it tho..its so
good.. Time again, for food, TV and I may play some spider again.
That game is so addicting to pass the time.. I love it.. "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? Love ya & thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

4 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our family made several trips both during the war and after.
    I visited both the Federal Court House plaza with its 2 storey high Picasso portrait in from of a building by Mies van der Rohe and Crown Hall at Illinois Tech. To visit Crown Hall is like visiting Notre Dame in Paris. We heard Heifetz, Piatagorsky, and Rubenstein play at Ravinia park. Ah, memories of Chicago.

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey that a cute pictures...
    Those were the good old days for sure...I had lot of fun growing up.
    I play a few spider solitaire game before I close the computer down myself.
    We were able to get more ice and water today. What a blessing that is for everyone here...
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    What a Gorgeous young lady you were. Not to be crossed on any account!! Like the song says "You must have been a beautiful baby, 'cos. Baby, lokk at you NOW!!! ;o)
    Gee, Gosh - does that date me or what?!!!
    Take care, Honey, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from Raife

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    I would love to spend a few days in Chicago..well even in the great NYC..would be fun..just Chicago is closer .. Id like to go there when Oprah is giving away more cars..lol..

    Hi Mary!
    Thanks kiddo.. Nothing like memories, if we knew how really valuable they are later on I bet we would all strive to make better ones... I hope its getting better there for you..

    Hiya Raife !
    wasnt I just a cute kid..you can see the attitude of GORGEOUS little me lol... Thats a great song! Be careful on the road, you will be missed this week..hurry back safely please..and wear your seat belt..

    So good to hear from you ..hope you had a great sunday..
    Always, Lois ****

    ps..by the way it is 97 degrees here today...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker