ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

~A Good Quote~


"Each achievement you pursue is an Opportunity to bring
out the best that is within you. Do that, and whether or not
you win the battle of the moment, you will have something
of real and lasting value." ...Ralph Marston quote...
I read that today and that is very true. Everything I try to do
and when I accomplish it, no matter really even how long
it takes, but a challenge, that you try to conquer, the trying
is bringing parts of you that sometimes we forget we have.
I think it makes me, for one, stronger..And everything that I
do manage to do or even really TRY hard to do.. I feel better
about myself..a confidence, a feeling that will stay with me..
So if the need arises again..I will have that already..and able
to face what ever it is that is facing me... Ive never backed
down from a challenge, I don't care what it is unless it was
something life threatening and then I am NOT stupid ..just
to prove a point :-)
Ive been asked many times, how did I seem to readily accept
my amputations..and just keep going on..where so many use
them to get their way and act helpless so they DONT have to
do anything...I cant do that...I accept me, I like me.. I like how
I am, I like being honest and very open, I love being a woman,
and I try to act like a lady all the time, I just have shorter legs
now is all.. Not ONE other thing about me has changed.. Well,
I don't know.. Theresa asked me if even before my legs were
taken was I always so outspoken and determined..and yes,
I was.. but I honestly think now, being in this chair, I am even
more outspoken than before.. I am still VERY capable..Im
just short, that's all... I like me..and if no one can accept me
like I am..well then they can go farther and smell better then.
I accept me.. I would accept myself no matter what my out
ward appearance is...

I am INSIDE, the outward shell is just that.. sure it is very
GORGEOUS..it always has been , since I was a little girl..
nothing will change that no matter what is taken away from
it..legs, fingers, arms..what ever.. Im INSIDE this shell.. Its
inside my head that helps my fingers to type this.. what my
fingers look like have no bearing..although they are Really
GORGEOUS too :-) you knew I was gonna say that :-)
What is on the outside has no bearing... sometimes I will
say the outside dressing does sometimes discourage contact or
what ever..and you can tell by that sometimes what a person
is like too... Yet, I have seen some people, talked to them
that have scared the beejeebys out of me, but they were
sweet people.. If I had ran, well I wouldn't have known they
really were.. So kinda in a way it does matter, what the out
looks like, not body wise though...

So anyways, I took some photos today, the black squirrel
was back and he sat so nicely on the fence for me.. I missed
a beautiful blue jay that was out there.. Its so neat to watch all
the birds..they eat and drink..and I saw one take a bath in that
little bowl of water out there.. That photo of the birds is right
out side the side window in the kitchen..the birds, 6 are there,
they sit in that tree and watch Dutch as he goes totally insane
wanting to catch them.. They deliberately torment him I think..
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it wasn't the Same bunch of
birds that laughed at him from the fence over at the apartment
when he ran from window to window.. :-)

I am back into my habit of getting up at 430.. I knew if the kid
kept it up I would wake up on my own at that time.. I never set
an alarm clock when I worked..well yes I did..but only as a
back up ..which I never needed as I set the alarm in my head
and that would automatically go off and I would wake up...I
always had to get up at least 2 hrs before so I could take my
time and have a coffee or 2 and I smoked ciggies so of course
I had to have a couple of them too..I think I get up too early
because I have no control over what time I fall asleep once
I get up on my bed to watch TV..

The past couple nights tho I have gotten off here earlier and I
have stayed in my chair for a little while so I can watch some TV..
Every nite that show Two and a half Men is on from 7 to 8 and
that is one of my favorites.. Charlie sheen is a riot..they all are,
and the kid is hilarious... I love that show..that and Prison Break
are my favorites.. Its Donnies too.. I asked him the other night
how did Michael end up back in prison? I had missed some ..so
he explained it all to me and now I am up to date.. Its a really
good show.. I love that Grays Anatomy too.. its really good I used
to like ER..but I just like this better... There are some good shows
on.. I know I watched 2 hours of bull riding from Las Vegas last nite.
One poor cowboy got knocked out.. they carried him out on a
stretcher.. How they ride those bulls.. well I wouldn't do it.. no way..
but I love watching it though..

Time to watch TV again..and have some crackers... I love the PB
crackers.. PB is peanut butter... I have some home made straw
berry jam that Theresa brought.hmmm ... that sounds better! ok,
its that time again.. My GORGEOUS WEEBLE WORDS.....
"Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? love ya and THANKS!!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW love the pictures, very pretty tree there.
    Keep going is the key, no matter what come our way. And God is always there to help us.
    I know I have been feeling down with myself lately, seam I can't get all done the thing I want to get done in my home. I know it don't help with me on the go most of the time...Then the time I am at home it the general cleaning and computer time. Love my computer, it is a way to relax from all the problem, yes it might cause some problem too, I could get more done at home.
    We help a friend out today, his recliner broke in the nursing, Bob got it working. His wife Patsy is not able to push his wheelchair anymore, and they wanted to go out to eat... So Bob and I meet them there and help push the wheelchair, plus we get to visit with them both... Patsy and I grew up together.
    I was able to have coffee with my sister Helen this morning, she is 74 and does not get around to well anymore. I try to go once a week to have coffee with her, love visiting with her, wish I could go more often to see her...she still get out for shopping and going to church. She loves riding around.
    Lois you are a blessing to me,you are a wonderful person to know...so glad to have meet you on the computer, God bless the computers.
    God bless you too
    Mary

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i only watch the news on tv. you do take beautiful photographs . It is 10:15 pm and I still have not finished dinner.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Gorgeous,

    Nice pix on a nice fall day. We've had a few nice sunny, but cool days. Enjoyable this time of year.

    Now - I think of you as very abled - you know that. And yes, your legs are on the short side, but they are very lovely legs as you know. And I am certainly a fan of you - and your legs.

    You take care,,,, Always thinking of you.

    Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi Lois,

    how are u. me quite fine. the pictures of the trees are very nice, specially the colour of the leaves.

    i have loved ur pictures in which u were wearing the leopard dress. do u still have the pictures and the video. will u share them with me.

    have a nice day.

    take care in the meantime.

    bye...bye..bye.

    Yashvin

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I wish I could get this recliner of mine to your friend, I would gladly give it to him...Nice to visit with your sister isnt it? my sis and I have had some nice visits...

    Thank you Mary for all your kind words.. I look forward to reading you as well...you are a special friend...

    Hi Momar,
    Not good to eat too late..but its worse to go to bed hungry.. I enjoyed the photos you sent..thanks :-) nice family...

    Hiya Butty,
    So good to hear from you.. Thanks for the photos today, I am enjoying my trip through europe..might be the closest I will ever get to being there .. thanks :-)

    Hi Yashvin,
    So nice to hear from you.. I hope you enjoy your video and that it has arrived...

    Happy Halloween!! BOO! :-D
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker