ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, October 26, 2007

~Up On The Fridge~


You see what the boy started? Now LB is getting up on top of
the refrigerator. It was cool in here this morning and I think the
air from the back of the fridge maybe is why they go up there. I
know they like heights. They both did the same thing when I
was in the apartment they got up on top of the fridge then went
even higher and got on top the cabinet. You can see my lemon
cookies up there :-) I cant hardly reach up there so its a good
place to keep them .. If I really need something sweet I will
remember where they are, if im just looking for a snack usually
If I don't see anything and Im not having a sugar attack I
wont think of them up there and then I don't eat the sweets and
usually end up with crackers which are really less fattening, So,
There IS a method to my madness :-)
Look at my tree, its steady changin..That's Pennys van there,
you can see all the leaves out in the street.. I bet the neighbors
wonder why we, well Penny keeps taking photos all the time of
the outside, I wonder what they would say if they knew how many
times their house has been in my photos.. :-)
You can see the nice size yard. way in back by the side of the
van you can see a white square, its on the neighbors shed, so
you can see how deep the yard is..and all the great trees.. I
have to say this Is a nice town for keeping the trees ..they just
need to keep up on them, keep them trimmed then what happened
on this street the way they butchered those trees wouldn't have
had to be.. Note the lid is on the garbage can :-)
This street runs along side if you look way down to the end as
far as you can see, about 2 blocks there is a huge catholic church
and just a half block past there is the Hellhome. They arent a
nursing home anymore from what I gather they are more into a
Recuperating and therapy type place, just temporary people not
like they were with full time 'residents' as we were called. But right
down that street if you go about 5 blocks maybe, maybe 4 you will
be just across and up a bit from my apartment before I moved
in here... also down this street is the COA..they go right past me
to deliver lunch yet I am the last to get it..when I lived at the apt. I
was last then too.. So I guess it doesn't matter where you live,
close or not, you get your lunch when they decide to get it to you.

Heidi came today, I wasn't sure if she was or not she didn't say
for sure last week when she was coming..She is going to help
me look for a better place too and agrees with me that this house
is just not ME.. Its so cluttered and just not nice.. Plus the fact I
really would like to have a real kitchen..one I can cook in..not have
to only use electric hot plates and crock pots. They do in a pinch
but.. a stove is the best... She is going to check the stuff they have
at the shelter and see if she can find a crock pot for me.. I was in
the middle of my soup and mine quit I had to dig the hot plate out
and then transfer everything out of the crock pot into the regular
stock pot so it could finish cooking..She is pretty sure they have
one there, if so she will bring it..that would save me from buying
one. I priced them on line at walmart and they arent too bad. A
nice one is about 30 dollars. I know I use mine a lot, I think I got
it from Laura, my ex's Sister one year for my birthday so I have
had it a long time.. so it just got wore out...

I have had my front door open all afternoon to warm it up in here
as Heidi said it was warmer outside and was cold in here. Its a
nice day but we are sposta get rain I think.. My stumps havent
told me yet...Im sure they will.... I am telling me to get some dinner
and then to get out of this chair. My butt is telling me too.. Food,
TV..Sleep..and my GORGEOUS WEEBLE WORDS:
"Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and THANKS!! :-)
Always, Lois ****
God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

2 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow love all the pictures of the tree, they are so pretty this time of the year...
    Cats love places up high, you know my boys climb as high as they can on Bob junk outside...never seen dogs that like to climb so much..well they do want the squirrel real bad...
    The weekend is right here now, going to sleep in on Saturday as late as I can. Just a few thing to get done on Saturday for Sunday.

    Keep sending pictures they are awesome to see.I have to down size mine to send them,that a lot of extra work...do you have to do the same thing?
    God bless you Lois.
    Hugs Mary

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Fall is here..no getting around it..I dont have to downsize photos to send but I do to put them on here.. The originals are quite big.. You should be able to resize in your photo shop if you have one with your scanner, I do..

    I hope your having a good week end..so nice to hear from you..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker