ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

~One Year Ago Today~ :-)

My boys are having big fun. Penny got some birdseed and we
improvised a bowl for the birds to eat it out of..She sort of shoved
it into the ground so it wouldn't tip over..then she filled it with bird
seed.. We 3 have been anxiously waiting and watching for the
birds. Today Penny put out some bread as well..Surprisingly
the first to the bird seed was guess who? Oh.. please note the
lid is on my garbage can? today is/was garbage day.. Bless
their hearts I knew if I stressed the issue enough maybe they
would teach their collectors how to do just what you see.. to
put the lid back on the can.. They get a star for good work...I
just hope they keep it up...:-)
Well you see who the first visitor was to the bread and to the
birdseed.. I have decided since everything is ruined down stairs
that I may as well bring that chair up from down there and put
that outside for the food for the animals. Was so cute my sister
at her new house said they have so much wildlife, deer and birds
that the animals are eating better than she is ..she spends more
money on them! :-) For as much enjoyment as these animals
give us, to me it is well worth it.. I wish I had some nice bird feeders
but to be totally honest I really don't think they care what sort of
container the food is in as long as its out there...
You can see the black bowl with the water, then next the little
white one by the squirrel.. It seems to be working good. I will
say they sure are messy.. This squirrel every time he got a
certain something, he would run up the fence and sit there
I thought this was so cute, look at that bottlebrush tail..I
am so glad I have these guys out here cuz there are
some boringly dull days and if I didn't have them I would
NOT have a single thing to write about.. and look how
cute these guys are..that tree right behind there that will
soon be red is where I think they live. I think they watch
us as much as we do them..
they sit right up and look directly at me or the boys like they
know we cant get at them.. My nurse, Jane came today and
as she got out of her car she saw the black one ..it ran as
fast as it could to get away from her..She said she stood
there and waited and he came back..he wasn't leaving all
that good bread and seeds...
When I look outside, see the leaves on the street..that deer you
see over in the neighbors yard is a decoy. The man is a bow
hunter which I am quite familiar with the rules and ways of a
outdoorsman.. He uses that for target practice.. I only saw him
shoot from the ground with his bow, where David used a tree
stand and when he practiced he would climb up on the roof..I
never saw my neighbor do that and he had a nice spot there
where he could easily do that..

Today is the 24th of October..do you know where I was 1 year
ago today? I was moving into this house.. I had a bed, a ice
chest for food, a coffee pot..and my computer and of course
I had my boys with me again.. it was so good and.. I was set.. I
had escaped from Keystone.. It was a good thing that I had
there to go to..but what that experience did to me I don't think I
can even put into words... It was such a deep inside heart ache
I cant describe it.. Was awful.. I cried myself to sleep every night
when I was there.. The first night in this house, I remember.. I
laid in my bed, listening to the cars and trucks outside, I reached
out and felt my cats laying so close to me as if they were making
sure it was really Mom back with them.. I cried that night too..but
for a different reason.. I WAs starting all over again.. ONE more
time I had pulled myself up and out and was making a life again.
It was a happy cry. What a big difference though in just one years
time .. how a life can change so drastically..Im glad it changed
for the better..and if I have my way that's the only way it will keep
going..getting better and better.. :-)

I put on a big pot of soup today and I havent made a soup in a
long time.. It smells great..and I cant wait to get out there and
sample it.. Lunch? well.. you name it and you can have it.. I put
it where it needed to be..in the trash.. So some soup..crackers,
some kool aid and TV.. don't ask what I saw last nite cuz I have
NO idea.. I think prison break was on but Im not sure ..Well I
was tired I went right to sleep .. almost as fast as I did the other
night when I had the wine.. :-) no wine tonite tho.. just sleep..
Oh we debugged the boys.. I am so glad they have stopped
scratching... I hate bugs... "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

6 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois
    Once again, I'm 1st. You have come such a long, long way. You are amazing. Keep it up sweetheart.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The first word my cat said when he bird watched - he looked at the birds and asked that they be cooked medium-to - rare. Ouch!!!

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great pictures again Lois, that squirrel with the bottlebrush tail is fat. I guess it getting ready for the winter.

    The squirrel here wil eat the dog foods and so does the birds...the boys will let the birds eat all they want...I tell them to chase them away but they don't.
    We do keep fresh water out for the bird during the summer time and we feed the birds during the winter months.
    Love to watch them eating and flying around and fussing with each other.
    Doc Bob dog love to bury everything, I wonder why he does this so much...never had a dog like that before...I guess he want to keep the food for later and don't want the other dogs to get it. Having dirt on your food don't sound good to me.

    Pam went to the doctor today, they did increase her medicine a little. Time will tell if that helps.
    She is smiling more and seams to be happy most of the time now.
    I hope you rest well my friend.

    I love hamburger soup, now that eating Good.
    God bless you
    Mary

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning,,,
    Yes, A. you are Im pleased :-) thank you so very much for your kind words.. Im too stubborn to quit... :-)

    Hi Momar,
    My cats talk as well..they are such smart animals.. :-)

    Hi Mary,
    Im glad you like my photos I have fun taking them..keeps me out of trouble.. I hope your cold is better.. so very nice to hear from you.. :-)

    Hope y'all have a good day :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Having a great time with my YOUNG Sis!! Being spoilt rotten! The knee is improving - I suspect the whole problem could be due to the Ststins that I am taking - they have some nasty side effects. The clock is being a real old B----r. I may have to strip him down again & do the job properly!
    Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H.from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    I know you are having a great time and I hope all is going ok.. take care of that knee...So good to hear from you.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker