ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

~No Event Day ~ :-)

Today was an uneventful day and I am glad. My phone
only rang three times and all were from good friends.. One
was Donnie, he had to go to Wisconsin for his job to get
some parts or something and amazingly the town he was
sent to was his hometown.. He got his work stuff done and
was waiting for his parents to get home then going to get
pizza at one of the best pizza places in Wisconsin... I cant
remember the name of it but I ate there once or twice as
my brother Kenny used to live in the same town..In fact I
met Donnie through my brother. His wife, Yvonne has a son,
Billie the same age as Donnie..I went to visit my brother and
I met Donnie when he came there to see Billie..He wanted
out of the home town rut and we offered him a job and he
came to Indiana to live with Willie and I ..this was back in 83.
Ive known the kid way back when...and look now..hes a grandpa.
going on 4 times... So much time has passed and so fast.

I did not have one thing to do to day but play on this computer
and I got tired of playing spider solitare.. I have my bag right here
with my yarn and needles, knitting needles and I am making some
dish cloths for dishes.. They are so easy to make and just great.
In fact my ex, David, wouldn't use wash cloths like normal people,
he had me make him some of these cloths and I have to admit
they are 100 times better..they are all cotton yarn..and they soak
up 10 times their weight..they arent flimsy either..Ive made them
since I was in school.. I know the pattern by heart I made so many.
The yarn is 100 % cotton and comes in all sorts of great solid
colors and even variegated of all kinds of colors.. They don't take
long to make either, which is a plus for me.. Long drawn out
projects take too long to do.. That's why I was so fast when I did
sewing...

When I worked for the sewing companies I didn't want to sew 300
or 400 of the same thing over and over..so I steady worked on
getting my speed up so I could zip right thru the ones I had to do,
the other ladies stayed at their same speed, and the more bored
they got the slower they went. I learned lots of short cuts and I got
mine done in no time and I very seldom got burned out on seeing
the same material over and over again..Long drawn out stuff to
me is too tedious... and then it is like a JOB.. I try to learn the best
way to do something that's fast yet a good job..then it doesn't seem
like a job..to me anyway.. and that got me thru the day better and
it got me the faster jobs and onto other stuff so I didn't get bored.
There is always a plan of attack as I call it .no matter what it is you
go to do.. I have to have one...

If I don't go over every detail of something I want to try to do I
could get myself in trouble.. I have to look at all points of it or right
in the middle of something I could get in trouble and then just make
a mess or make things even worse.. To do almost anything , for
me. I have to look it over really good..its the same if I want to go
anywhere..the first question I have to ask now is "is it wheel chair
accessible?" and hope it is..Before I just went..I jumped up .ran
to the car and off I went..Its a totally different game now.. I still
can go but it just isnt as easy and when I had legs it seems I
always had someone to go with..now I dont...but I do like to go.

Where im going now I KNOW you have NO idea but ..well lunch
was ickky and Im hungry and I got up early again and im tired.
I get just as tired doing nothing as I do doing something.. go
figure :-) Time for food, TV and sleep... oh and of course....
"Nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? love ya.. and THANKS!!!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is supposed to rain later tonight and turn cooler. The furnace company is coming Wednesday to clean the boiler and the burner points.
    I sure had a memorable visit with my daughter and her family. We went to the Guggenheim museum and Central Park - we all enjouyed the visit.

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois.
    Yes I like those uneventful days, need more day like that for me.
    This week has been nice, had time to set and look out the door for a time, wow it was so nice. Picking up pecan is fun doing too.
    Today this head cold keep my nose red. My grandson was sick too, so I watch him...Jon is 9 years old.
    Having more time for the computer is great Lois.
    I clean mine out some today,it been runing slow...I clean it out just about every week...but today i did a big cleaning on it...I got to fine out how come it like runing slow.The age might have something to do with it.
    Well I don't run like I use to either.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Cool here today, but so nice..you can smell the fall air..refreshing..do you have air in Brooklyn? I know there was a tree grew in brooklyn LOL... hope all is well by you...

    Hiya Mary!
    Yes. quiet days are good..Im not calling anyone and they can call me..I hope your cold gets better soon..take care :-)

    So nice to hear from you..thanks bunches.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker