ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, October 25, 2007

~Winter Stuff~

Ive been trying to figure out my Christmas list and I have
no idea what to get anyone.. Things I had seen farther back
would have made nice gifts but I didn't, like a dummy, get
them then, now I wish I had. I need a winter coat and with
a gift list.. well how often do I plan to go out that I really need
a coat and too when I go I only am out in the weather for the
amount of time to load or unload which isnt very long.. I have
a heavy duty sweater coat that my sis gave me but it really
wasn't warm enough last year, and I had thought of getting
a new one this year, well depending on my budget.. I may
just call my sis and see if she is getting a new one which
she does quite often and just put dibs on her old one and
make my list :-D We always need winter stuff :-)

If I cant sell this chair I think I am just going to give it to some
one just so they get it out of here. If I can get my machine up
and running soon I can make my Christmas things.. Well,
not for Donnie, hes not easy to buy for, I got him last year a
nice case full of barbeque stuff, tongs, turners, everything
to grill with.. He really liked that and takes it with him all the
time in the trailer when they go to races and grill out even
at home.. It was a nice thing that I knew he could use.. This
year I have NO idea what to get him, hes got everything..

I want to get the boys one of those red lazer lights or a remote
control car .. I think they would have a good time with that.. If
I even look at my flashlight and they think there will be a light,
they are ready to chase it.. I think one of those red lights would
keep them amused for a long time... I need to get them one of
those scratching posts.. I noticed in the kitchen by the base
ment door are some scratches on the wall.. it can be no other
but Dutch.. LB doesn't do that.. he has one place to claw and
that's at the end of my couch which hes been spanked for
doing that and has done pretty good lately which Im glad..The
scratches in the kitchen are no biggie I just have to paint over
them.. I guess they were too lazy to strip the wall paper and
just painted right over it.. I have to admit..the longer I look at
my navy blue, white and yellow kitchen the more I like it .. its
so clean and fresh looking.. Chris did do good when he
used the navy blue on the walls.. Im glad he did now...

I had to mop my kitchen floor today and I couldn't get to it, the
mop that is.. Penny hangs them in the stairwell to the base
ment.. I cant reach them at all... I think we will or she will ..or
SOMEONE hopefully will put a couple nails in the door then
I can reach them if they are hung there.. I was making my
coffee this morning and while its brewing I go to the table and
feed the boys. Under the table is where I keep their food, they
have 3 kinds of dry down there and the moist, and a bowl of
water.. well I rolled too far in and hit the bowl of water with
my wheel and of course it tipped over and the water started
to run towards a box I have under there. The floors in here
are all slanted. I quick grabbed my grabber and some napkins
and had to use that to mop up that whole bowl of water.. I bet
I went through half a package of napkins.. but I didn't have a
towel handy, I need dish towels too..so the only thing I could
think of to use was paper napkins or have a wet box.. I do
this to my self..make more work for me..I don't guess I will
ever learn..but I did get it mopped up with no other bad
effects from it. the box stayed dry...

I did learn how to make some good beefy barley bean soup
though.. I sat and ate the biggest bowl I had, full of it.. I hadnt
made soup in a long time...and I truthfully had forgotten how
good I do make it.. I enjoyed every bit of it..and I have some
left for tonite.. I have blueberry pie too.. I have to say I had a
nice dinner last nite.. I did watch some TV for a while... I only
woke up once during the night and that was because I was
cold..Its really cold in here today and I may have to break
down and turn on the furnace.. Dutch, the unholdable cat has
been in my lap all morning sleeping, LB comes over and
wants in it too.. I don't have hardly enough lap for one cat
let alone two! Why they are liking to be held I don't know,
as they hated it before..LB would get so indignant when I
tried to hold him he would almost growl at me.. Dutch just
puts his ears down and claws and tries to bite when I
would hold him..Now these two are fighting over who gets
to lay in my lap..even during the night they both lay one on
each side of me, theyre changing for some reason.. I know
they arent scratching today like yesterday so I am hoping
that bug well flea stuff worked.. I checked them but didn't
see any so I hope it killed them all.. I hate bugs..

Its that Time again to say my GORGEOUS WEEBLE words,
Food, TV, and sleep, oh and "Nitey Nite " :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? Love ya and thanks !
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

7 Comments:

  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you have any men on your list - I am writing you privately.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes Christmas is right around the corner. I've done good this year I got 2 gift bought already...most of the time it Nov and Dec before I start buying the gifts.
    When Michael was 6 years old, we left the children with a baby sitter...he went upstair and found all the gifts unwrap them took them out of the boxes and was playing with them all... I wrap all back up but his... wonderful memory now, not then. The baby sitter though he was just playing upstair in his room.
    Thanksgiving is a month away,this year has gone so fast.
    I hope you can sale your chair, so you will have some extra money.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmm - that soup sounds delicious - right up my alley. Wish i could have come over....

    Christmas lists are always tough - nobody ever knows what to get me, and truthfully, I'm happy to get nothing.

    Well, you need to get them to put the mops where you can get them - geez. Common sense.

    Take care Hon - Bare Hugs you Gorgeous Woman,

    Butty

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey don't send nothin' just come visit me again in my dreams like you did last nite.

    A fella once told me a dream usually lasts five or so seconds ... it's just a quick impression.

    Well I say last night ... you and me packed a lotta holdin ... huggin ... boppin around in "our" five or so seconds of dream time.

    The very different thing about this one was the wheel-legs you wore ... they were like the regular plain pipe prosthesis different leg amps wear except in place of a foot at the bottom you had a big like lawnmower wheel ... (red) ... and you sailed around real graceful like an ice skater ... except they stuck straight out when you sat down.

    Well ... nothin's perfect.

    But it was a neat dream ... do it again.

    d

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Thats a cute idea lol..my sister just used ribbon but had a great time decorating it.. lol...

    Hiya Mary,
    Yes, this year has gone quickly, I love the holidays, I wish I had a nice big house so I could have the kids over for a dinner..be great..

    Hiya Butty,
    Yes, I love a good pot of soup..its good for ya too! If nothing else, give a lottery ticket..last time I did that they wont 50 bucks..lol.. was a great gift they were happy...

    Hiya d....
    Sounds like we had fun ! isnt that kinda like roller blades? I could just see me..Id probly cripple my cats and black both my eyes from running into stuff lol.... keep on dreamin !!

    So nice to hear from you..I hope you have a nice day..its cold but beautiful here today...
    Love ya, and thankjs..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hon i am home now!
    I havent read your blog in a week, and i just came home... I looked and you are still here.... I have some catching up to do!!!!!!!
    Love hugs and kisses from your ownest
    ROB

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob!!
    I was getting worried, I hadnt heard from you..Im glad your home safe and sound, hope you had a good week and a better week end.. Good to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker