ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

~Happy Halloween~


I loved Halloween when I was a kid..I can still remember
getting all fixed up..usually I DRESSED up.. a princess
or a queen or a fairy..always something nice..and of course
pretty.. I grew up in a small town, where everyone knew all
the other people practically in the whole county..When you
saw some one you knew, and they didn't quite place who
you were it was "I'm Lois, Stubby's daughter, my dad is the
weatherman", most would recognize me.. We all knew
everyone and Halloween was a safe happy time of great
candy that you didn't have to worry that someone out there
was going to hurt us..every kid in town was out..

I think the most devastating thing I can remember, I was on
my way home and a kid told me about Rachey's house that
they were giving good 5 cent candy bars, which back then,
those were the kind you pay a dollar for now. So I climbed
the steps to go up to the front door and as I got to the top
step, I heard running behind me and laughing and as I looked
to see who it was I felt my candy bag being jerked out of my
hand and they grabbed my bag of candy and ran off.. I was
so hurt.. I knocked on the door anyway, all teary I had a whole
nights walking of getting candy and I was upset.. The lady
answered and asked where my bag of candy was and I told
her "two big boys came running up and stole my candy" I was
so unhappy, big tears in my eyes.. This dear lady said
"just a minute" and left, when she came back ..she had a
nice size bag and it was full!.. She said "we cant have you
going home with no candy now can we?" as she handed
me that huge bag..

I thanked her a dozen times and practically ran all the way
home.. When I got there I told my mom and dad what had
happened.. I told them, "I was at Jimmy Mathews house ,
and some big kids stole my bag..Mrs Mathews, SHE
GAVE me all that candy, she said I couldn't go home with
out any" ... They were both pleased and surprised.. When I
opened my goodie bag..she had put in fruit, candy, and
even a comic book.. I was very pleased.. what could have
been a sad memory turned out to be a really good one...

As an adult I had been invited once to a Halloween party
and you had to wear a costume or you could not go..The
food was going to be great and it was a really special
party.. I called my friend and told her I could not think of
one good costume that everyone else hadnt thought of..
She assured me if I thought long enough I would come
up with something.. I did.. I got this body stocking type
leotard.. I looked naked but nothing showed.. Where
my belly button would have been I glued a raisen..
What did I go as? can you guess? I went as a raisen
COOKIE :-) Needless to say everyone wanted to eat
the cookie !!! no no..just kidding..but it was a cute Idea
I didn't win best costume but I sure had fun...:-)

Penny came today, Heidi came today and Traci came today,
oh and Chris brought lunch.. was a busy day.. Penny went
to the laundromat for me and I am all clean, house , clothes
everything..and she made a meat pie for me..The smell in
here is wonderful...Heidi came and we talked and she is
really going to try very hard to help me find a place to rent.
Shes a good kid..and so pretty..and just as nice.. Traci, is
my nurse, but she didn't come here today for that reason..
She asked if I would do some sewing for her.. She has a
daughter that needs her jeans hemmed.. There is not ONE
person in this town that does alterations..

When I had my sewing up and running when I lived in Indiana,
I made quite a bit just doing alterations.. Plus I also made
clothes for large size people.. At one time dry cleaners would
do sewing and mending..from what I am told no one does now.
Sewing, other than making quilts is a thing of the past.. Quilting
is easy, there is really no pattern, its squares and angles...but
to put a dress or a shirt together you have to follow a pattern
and if you don't cut it right much less put the pieces together
right well.. you end up with nothing...surely not something you
want to wear..I think that's why I like sewing so much.. I KNOW
no one else has what I have..its one of a kind..just like me...
I will really be glad when I get a sewing room set up again..I
am so anxious to make some things for this new baby that's
coming soon..

I have decided if I don't move..that I may get rid of that bed, its
driving me nuts with the mattress and even though its electric
its only for raising the bed..not the head and foot.. If I get rid of
that and start to sleep on the couch I can have my sewing room
back.. and then maybe I can make a little extra every month
and then that will help me to live better and then that will help
me to get a better place ... I have to have a plan of attack if I
am going to do anything.. I think this one is a good one.. The
only reason I go into my bedroom is to sleep..that room is
empty the rest of the time..as I stay here at my desk and at
the computer..so if I made it into a sewing room I could get
more done, and then maybe make that extra money I need
every month.. I just don't know how else to do it.. If I don't do
something then I will just have to settle for what I have and I
am not ready to do that.. I am not satisfied with everything
YET..But if I have my GORGEOUS WEEBLE way, I will
have a better place.. A little help from my friends and well
I can do just about anything I set my mind to.. I don't think
my Knight will EVER get that horse of his to go in the right
direction so I just have to keep moving and hopefully he
will eventually find me.. But if he doesnt..well at least in a
new place I would be more secure, safe and happy even
if its only me and my boys that are there.. :-)

That meat pie is calling and I have NO will power..I will
HAVE to break down and eat some of it.. I just have NO
choice, Penny went through all that trouble to make it for me
I at least HAVE to eat some of it.. :-D... And I am NOT
telling Donald I have meat pie.. he would burn up the road
to get here.. I gave him some leftover soup..he and Dawn
loved that..and it was good..VERY GOOD.. Besides the
meat pie yelling at me my butt is doing the same thing but
its screaming..to get OUT of this chair.. I have to listen...
Meat pie..tv.. and I know after I eat that I wont see too much
of the TV oh well.. the joys of good food.. can put you
right to sleep :-D "nitey nite"

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya.. and thanks!!!
Happy Halloween.... Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I was a kid, my mother had a hallowe'en party for us kids. At a certain point there were apples hanging down from the joists held by knitting yarn. Years later bits of the yarn were still up there on the joists.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow another month is just about here,love the month of November. Love getting to see who coming in for thanksgiving Dinner, for me this is the best month of all...as a child it was very special time for us...I remember 2 turkey one year, My sister Helen got a turkey one year, and it was alive till the day before thanksgiving... that when I really learn what happen to that nice turkey we had for a short while.
    Our church had a party for everyone, lot of new people came just to look at our church.
    Becky and Pam were there too,everyone had a good time just visiting with each other. And lots of candy left over too.
    Wanting to go to bed early, been wanting a nap all day long...took a little bit more of a cold I think.
    Becky has a birthday this month she will be 31 on the 21 st of November.
    God bless you Lois, and help you get a bigger and nicer place to live my friend.
    Hugs Mary

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Momar,
    Those were the good old days, Im just glad we had them to remember..we grew up in a great time...

    Hi Mary,
    Time just flies when your havin fun hey? I love the holidays.. Its a very good time of year..

    Im steady looking for a place, and I found I can go anywhere in this county and my grant will go with me.. Im glad...

    Hope y'all have a good day today :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker