ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, May 23, 2008

~ASSuming~

I was looking for a home care provider and had contacted
a place out of Kalmazoo.. I explained that I needed someone
to clean, shop, run errands, do laundry. The woman there told
me they do not allow their aides to do grocery shopping as
it is illegal for someone else to use someones card. Well my
previous care giver used mine..So, I told this lady I very seldom
go out.. She politely told me and I quote " I see no reason that
you cannot ride with your care giver to the store to shop for
your self. All you have to do is just scoot across into the car."
end quote.. I got SO mad.. How did she know just how bloody
EASY it was to SCOOT? she had legs! I told her off royally.
How dare she assume what might be easy for ONE person
to do that it would pertain to ALL of us? She over stepped
her bounds as far as I was concerned..THAT was a very
crappy attitude when your dealing with disabled people..I
called her supervisor and told her what she said and that I
would no more hire a worker from their company than I
would flying.. These agencies are anxious to get clients
like me..its guaranteed paid and the highest pay..They
get 16.oo and hour ..the aide only gets 8..Go figure....

But I thought how dare she assume what was easy for me
to do and what wasn't, she had NO EARTHLY knowledge
of how hard or easy it is.. I was really upset by her attitude.
And I will be honest I turned RED and I told her off I really
did.. I took that as so rude and know it all.. She or anyone,
I don't care if they are a nurse, doctor or what ever..until
THEY are an amputee they CANNOT know... I can explain
and try to describe feelings I have in my stumps..and to be
really HONEST.. I cant.. Its like nothing I have ever felt
before..and its hard to describe accurately..Plus.. we don't
ALL feel the same, or have the same reactions to things..
Another woman, same age, she could respond totally
different than I would.. In fact I KNOW that.. I knew from the
second I opened my eyes and saw my leg gone that I had
a hell of a job ahead of me and I better brace myself for
the storm.. I didn't even think about how others would react
to me then or if I could find a man .. Those were the least
of my worries...... I needed the assurance I was going to
be able to survive and what the HELL did I have to do to
make SURE I could live...

Ive seen some movies..in fact that Clint Eastwood movie
with the woman boxer.. I thought that was a pretty good movie
until the end.. She ended up toally paralyzed..and she asked
him to kill her.. I shut it off.. I dont know if he did or not.. but I
heard that and I got mad.. How can anyone just give up... Look
at Superman..God love him.. what a trooper.. he didnt give
up.. That movie really made me mad..People that write that
stuff dont think or even have the slightest idea as to how some
real person was like her.. In fact I KNOW a guy..young too only
in his 40's now.. From the nipple line down he is paralyzed..
He and I used to chat all the time on MIRC before I knew about
Yahoo.. He and I compared notes...as to him having legs..but
cant feel them..and drags them around when he moves... For
me.. I dont have legs..and I dont have to drag dead ones
around.. I asked him had he thought of that and did he think
it would be easier if his were amputated.. He agreed with me,
he said I had no idea how really hard it is to drag lifeless
legs around..But they wouldnt take them... I still see him on
Yahoo and hes still going strong..That movie woman made
me mad... She was still alive.. isnt that the important thing?

Penny came today and went shopping for me..They had some
good sales at Meijer on Pork and some beef roasts.. I had
talked to Donnie last nite and asked if he needed anything
as Dawn is due to come by tonite. He asked for MEAT.. They
are on a strict budget..and only get just enough..So I had Penny
pick up some things for them..and I got a bag of shrimp for
myself..well it was buy 1 bag and get 1 bag of shrimp free..
well I cant pass that up as much as I love shrimp..so If Dawn
wont let Donnie have any shrimp I told Penny I would give
the bag to her..Shes hoping Donnie cant have them :-)


She got us all clean after I had a nice mess waiting for her
this morning..Usually I take the whole thing with the coffee
filter and grounds and empty it ..today I got smart ,so I thought,
and I took the filter with the grounds OUT of the container
thingie.. and YES.. just as I got up to the refridgerator..YES!
it slipped and I had coffee grounds even on the door of the
refridgerator not to mention all over the FLOOR!!! I tried
to get most of them up but to keep bent in half does NOT
feel good after a while..so I had to leave some for her to
clean up.. she didnt mind.. So we are all clean and ready
for the holiday week end.. Penny said the store was jammed
with people..I should have remembered that and had her
go wednesday.. oh well.. Im having some shrimp for my
dinner and thats where im headed. so time for my usual
GORGEOUS WEEBLE "nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? Love ya and Thanks!
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

2 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    It might be illegal but that the only way for most of them to get there grocery...I have to use Becky and Pam card to meet there needs...and they are not with me either...and they know it when we set up the vision card for them...but I am mother and GDN...
    We work all day at the church, got a few more thing done...hoping to get lot more of it done Saturday.
    My foot not bleeding anymore, still trying to protect it when I walk.
    Sunday and Monday I will get to rest more I think. We are not going to have a cookout, so very glad about that...we might get together for Lunch somewhere Monday...now that sound good for me.
    My sister Helen is leaving Sunday morning for Co, I will be taking care of all her plants while she is gone for a month. Hoping all her plants live threw it all, I am not good with plants.
    Need to fine me a bit more to eat I think, just don't know what.
    Off looking for something now.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    No Its really not illegal if they have permission..That woman was full of prunes.. Im glad your foot is getting better..Please take good care of your self Mary many people depend on you..but just dont forget some Merry Mary time..

    Hope your having a nice week end..
    Love N Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker