ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, May 24, 2008

~Dawn Visit~


Quiet, nice day today. Not much going on. Dawn came by
and picked up some things I had Penny get and then she
was going to go and join Donnie at the races. That's her red
truck and if you look closely you can see a light spot in the
window and that's Jerky riding in the passenger seat. He
loves to ride, but today Dawn was taking him swimming,
she has a hard time keeping him out of the lake.I was looking
outside and even with the price of gas going to over 4 dollars
a gallon it hasnt stopped anyone..There is just as much traffic.
I got to thinking about the race cars and what it must cost them
for gas to race around proving whos got the better car ... Im
not a real race fan I do watch it though..specially when I would
be forced to when I stayed with Donnie and his then wife
Shirley..Racing was on you knew where to find him..its not
changed at all ..If he cant watch it on TV he will be at the race.
Can you imagine how much it costs them now just for gas?

I heard yesterday that they may stop the meals on wheels
being delivered every day..The gas has just gotten to high
and they cant afford to run all these vehicles for nothing..
They have 3 vans for rides and they deliver lunches all over
town and out farther in the country..The COA says they have
no choice. I bet if they didn't have all those people there
getting paid for doing nothing they could afford the gas.
When I call anymore I never know whos going to answer
there are so many different people..and what they all do,
I have no idea..I wouldn't think there would have to be
that many different departments to run that place :-) I guess
they will send notice if they decide to stop the lunches.. It
will affect me a bit, as I do eat some of the lunches and
it saves me from cooking..but I know there are lots that
really depend on that lunch..not counting the visit of the
driver. It will really affect a lot of people very hard if they
stop the meals on wheels... I hope they don't... Since
they cut my food stamps by 100 and now no lunches It
may affect me more than I think..

If gas keeps going up I cant see how we would get our food
delivered to the stores..how can truckers afford to drive those
huge rigs with diesel gas even more expensive.. My brother
and Pennys boyfriend both drive and they have said how hard
its getting.. I can see why people are now planting gardens
and living farther out so they can have a small mini farm.. A
mini farm could be totally self sufficent..except for things like
sugar or flour, salt etc.. Many people are using the windmills
and going solar..Have your own cows and some chickens...
a nice garden.. pigs... you could reduce your food expense
by 90% I bet..Nothing better than farm fresh anything..and
far better for you... Everything is getting so expensive ...

I got some of these Edy's Ice Cream Dibs. They are little chunks
of ice cream covered in chocolate.. They come in individual bags
with about 10 or so in a bag.. Good? They are WONDERFUL.
The ice cream is great..smooth and tastey..I used to like those
Klondike bars something like a ice cream bar..These are just
smaller versions..Try them.. They are really good..They have
them in chocolate ice cream too..Only bad thing is some times
ONE bag isnt enough..good thing theres 10 bags in a box !
So now you know what my snack is gonna be after I get in
there and turn on the tv..Time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"nitey nite" first though... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? Love ya and Thanks :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    When I am working for the church,friends or Becky and Pam I am having my heart full of fun...just what I need even when I want more time to stay home to rest or clean my our home...if I didn't have them I would go crazy for sure. Yes at times I get a little to busy and that a little hard on me.
    Yes gas is getting very high, wonder if we are going to start walking one of these days...I need to lose some more weight before I start walking.
    People needs meals on wheel, sure hope that don't happen.
    It's going to storm later so I am needing to get off the computer.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Meals on Wheels is partially funded by Altria - a Phillip Morris co. They are thinking of going to frozen meals and only deliverying twice or 3x a week.

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous little dear one!
    This is actually a comment on yesterdays blog, i couldnt comment then... You know why!
    You are a very good writer, you are a very clever thinker. And you feed us with thoughts and information about life, not available anywhere else.
    To be a part of your life is being blessed with knowledge, and loving thoughts....
    I AM SO PROUD TO BE ONE OF YOUR (closest?) FRIENDS!!!!!
    Take care dear lois!
    Your own
    ROB
    ****+*

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On yesterdays message from you ... here's what I think ... you can't blame someone for not understanding your situation.

    Most people have no contact with any disabled someone ... they may even avoid a disabled
    someone. A gal I know who was mauled by a bear and lost BOTH arms said, "I never knew
    anyone who lost an arm. I can't remember even seeing an arm amputee ... and here I am a double one the way I am.

    So I say, people don't know. You must be patient with us. Don't get mad, holler scream and shout.
    Calmly say, "Well it's not all that simple ... for this reason ... that reason ... or another reason". Don't drive us off for being inconsiderate ... teach us to bear with you.

    That's what the aged Polski thinks.

    d

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,Momar, Rob and d,
    So nice to hear from y'all... I hope they dont quit the meals on wheels frozen would be a problem for me I dont have room in my freezer for them.. For people that have never been around a chair or someone with a disability it is hard to know what to do or react.. I understand this all too well..

    I hope yall had a nice sunday..So nice to hear from you..Drive safely Rob :-)
    Love and hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker