ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

~Do They Know~

I woke this morning to rain. But I knew it was coming.
Besides the TV forecast I knew. I sat here at the computer
and the rain had stopped but it was foggy out.. I watched
all the cars rushing to work and couldn't help but think of
all the times I did that very same thing every day. I do miss
it kinda, I think what I miss is the purpose.. I HAD to work,
I wanted a good life and I didn't mind working to get it. I
watched these people starting their day and wondered if any
of them knew how lucky they were.. they had purpose and a
way to get what they not only needed but wanted too. I took
it for granted that I would be able to go on with a full life.
I hope they know what they have.

I don't mean my life is empty, its not by any means, its just
not what I had envisioned for myself. When I started on
that first restart back in 71, I had plans, lots of them, of
what I wanted my life to be. All these years later, I honestly
cant say that my life is what I would call FULL. I have some
dear friends, family but its still not all I had hoped and had
wanted for myself and those I held near and dear to me. It
seemed the harder I tried, the farther away my dreams and
plans went.

When my health started to deteriorate I just accepted it,
like I do being an amputee now. I have no choice but to accept
this and this way of life. Some days I swear at this chair,
specially if I'm careless and bang my knuckles or pinch my arm
or specially when I fall out of this thing. I get so discouraged
sometimes because I cant do what needs to be done, I have to
ask someone , "will you come help me?" before, I could do it all.
I wonder sometimes do those that have legs, cars, nice homes,
a sufficient income do they appreciate it? Life can change in
just the blink of an eye, or a matter of seconds. I know I hope
they appreciate what they have, what they can do, where they
can go.. I have to call ahead, "are you wheel chair accessible?"
before I venture to go to a place. I loved yard sales.. my sis
would pull up outside, honk the horn and I would run out and
off we would go. In and out of the car, steady walking... I
figgured I would always be able to do that.. Sure I can now,
but I cant run out to the car, she has to come in and help
with the doors, she has to load my chair in to the trunk,
and unload it. Our outing now would be a job for her. I don't
think she would hesitate to do it if I asked.. but then its back
to that same thing... "ASKING".

I'm not shy by any means, but some things are just hard to
do or say, and for me that's one of them.. I feel bad some
times when its just something small.. ok.. like the smoke alarm.
Its been beeping now since yesterday after Penny left. I
cant reach it to stop it.. The battery is going dead so every
10 minutes or so I hear "BEEP".. Penny called, she has a
funeral tomorrow, so she wont be here. so.. I will have to
wait till Thursday when Rebecca will be here to ask her to
shut that beepin thing OFF! .. This is what I mean.. I could
just reach up with my grabber and knock it off the wall
just to stop the beeps but then I would have to replace it.
The joys of being short. :-)

Well anyway, I hope these people I see out there appreciate
what they have and can do. What I can do right now is go out
to that kitchen and eat some of those green grapes I have
sitting out there. Theyre so good. I'm glad I had Penny get
them for me. I have a net flix due today so when it gets here
about 3 or so .. you KNOW what I will be doing :-) So until
tomorrow this GORGEOUS WEEBLE says "nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, y'hear? love ya! and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****


"God Bless You", is my prayer today.
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again ....

4 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dearest little Lois!
    I shud complain about havin this headache all day, but after reading your clever lines i dont!!!!
    Youre such a smart woman, you put words to thoughts everyone shud have! You are such an example to all of us, who complain as it seem without reason, BUT!

    I have a rather good life even if i am missing meeting you, but life is rather okay!
    I have legs and a job, a brand new car, and a good house (two!)

    Still i envy you, and do you know why?


    YOU HAVE YOU, THE SWEETEST MOST INTELLIGENT WOMAN I KNOW! AND THAT IS A THING I DONT HAVE FULLY! I am grateful knowing you, talking to you from time to time, lookin at your pictures, listening to your warm voice and counting you as my best friend.....
    Well i guess i have to be grateful with what i have... Now i gonna take a headache pill and go to bed and dream of something wonderful! : )

    Kisses and hugs from your own
    ROB

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Dear Lois
    Although I wrote the comment yesterday about your stumps, I want you to know that I really admire you and respect everything about you. I'm a dev but that doesn't mean that Im a perv. If some people can admire long legs then I can admire short legs.
    You are the best Lois

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob,
    I deleted one of the posts it got on twice lol.. You say the nicest things, thanks Rob. Its so easy to take just small things for granted and never really appreciate them..

    Hi A,
    The name Dev is just a label..we are all just people..Thank you for saying such nice things..greatly appreciated.

    So nice to hear from you , thanks :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker