ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, January 31, 2009

~I Wanna Sew~ :-)

Good Day today, I had fun. I spent it playing with the
material I managed to salvage, and I transferred all
the food out of the gold cabinet to the cabinets by
the sink, and my material I put into the gold one.. Having
it scattered all over in the kitchen was driving me crazy,
I cant stand having to steady move stuff to get to what
I want.. So.. first order of business was to get a tad more
organized, and I did too.. I worked really hard. Transferring
5 shelves FULL of boxes of mixes and bags of noodles, all
my baking stuff, it was a job and took me quite a while. I'm
pleased with my hard work... :-) Tired, but satisfied, cuz THEN
I got to fold and place the material on the shelves.. There IS
a method to my madness you know.. I wanna SEW :-)
That little red Cosco bench is VERY old.. I bet I sat on that
when I was 10 at least.. so.. its OLD... And you see its RED.. It
does NOT blend in with my blue that I plan to do my kitchen
in.. SO.. I decided to make a cover for it... Turned out really
well.. its not quite done yet as I havent decided if I want to
still put a ruffle around the bottom of the seat, it would look
really cute, but ruffles, unless you have a ruffle attachment,
which this machine doesn't, its called a walking foot.. it will
gather for you so you don't have to do it yourself.. Its not
really hard to do just time consuming.. I havent decided yet
and that's why its not hemmed..
I made a pattern first by using a brown paper bag, usually I
make my patterns out of freezer paper.. Its very durable, I
don't have any so a paper bag will do.. I opened it and put it
up to the back and the seat, traced it around and made a
pattern, then cut the material and sewed the pieces together.
I think its so cute.. Now the red doesn't clash with my blue!
I had the best time making this.. sewing to me is fun, I listen
to the radio and just work away :-) well no its NOT work, to
me its play...I will have Penny take a photo of me by my
machine...I use my elbow to run the foot pedal..works great!

I talked to the boy last night and got some very distressing
news.. Donnie totaled his truck on Wednesday on his way to
work.. Thank God he wasn't hurt at all.. but his beautiful
almost paid off truck is totally gone.. He was very lucky not
to have gotten hurt.. I held my breath while he told me
this until I heard him say he was fine.. Hes had so much on
his plate lately, so much serious stress that I am really
worried about him.. Hes gone to visit his parents this week
end in Wisconsin.. it will do him good to get away.. he needs
to unstress.. but so much going on, with his job again and
his home life, and now his truck.. I worry...

Well, I need to go and make some lunch and clean up the
mess I made out there, I cant sew with out my iron so I
had to dig it out and made a mess getting to it, so now I
have to clean that up.. That's what I mean, if I don't keep
things straight and in order it sure makes extra work for
me..and THAT I don't need :-) Time to post, then eat,
and see what else I need to do before this GORGEOUS
WEEBLE really wears down.. "G'day, G'day".


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS !
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

2 Comments:

  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger MaryC said…

    You sure are working or playing hard Lois...always something to get done in a home.
    I'm still working on my bedroom, changing thing around again. I got to get another phone for the bedroom...Started looking for one today...
    Love your pictures...
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, I love it.. I am going to make your slipper socks this week and send them to you..I know you will like them.. I will send a pair of the micro mitts too... :-) There is never an end to house work Mary.. :-)
    Take care and keep well.. hope your all better !! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker