ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, February 28, 2009

~County Fair Quilt~


Sewing is what got me out of the depression at the
HellHome. They tried everything and I just wasn't
too up on the things they had scheduled to do.. I did
play bingo off and on but they like played every day!
That got boring. It was easy to cheat and when I did
realize that some were doing that I just quit playing.
When they brought me that old machine and some
thread and fabric, is when I started to make quilts
there. The activity director found out that I really
COULD sew and asked me to help the 'aware' ladies
learn to quilt so we could enter one in the county fair.
Lenora had a room across the hall from me when I
was in B Hall...She was ok mind wise, but had leg
problems and chose to be there. She seemed to like
it and was involved in everything... She wanted to
learn how to sew. She and I got along really well and
you see us working on that fair quilt.. The quilt is still
hanging in the lunch room over there I think.. been 8
years since I was there.. Doesn't seem that long.. but
then other days, it seems like it really wasn't that long
ago..

One of the ladies that wasn't really 'aware'. she was in
and out.. some of her days she was fine,, then others she
was in her own little happy world..she would roll around
singing and just chatting to everyone about all her boy
friends, she was happy. She came in one day in one of her
'off'days, she seemed ok and was singing and having a good
time.. She sat next to me just about where you see Lenora
in that photo.. I was pinning the rows together so we could
see just which way we wanted them to go.. Lenora was over
on the other side facing me, pinning as well...

Lenora reaches across the table and taps my hand, when I
look at her, she nods her head towards Ethel, who is just
singing as loud as she can Jesus Loves Me. I look at what
shes doing and every pin I had put IN she very nicely took
OUT and put back into the pin box.!. I looked back at
Lenora and just put my head down a bit and just had to
laugh, she was so busy like that is what she was supposed
to do.. I asked Ethel was she having fun.. she said "YES,
but I have to go, but I will be back to help again". We
thanked her for her help and Lenora and I looked at
each other and smiled and started to just re-pin all the
ones Ethel had taken out.. Made her happy so what can
you say... We laughed about it.. I didn't notice what she
was doing I was off in thought too , plus I was enjoying
her singing! she had a beautiful voice :-)

We finished the quilt and won first prize :-) Everyone
that worked on it was really proud, I was because they
put a label on it with all our names on it.. Ethel.. even
her name was on it too.. well she did help.. if no other
way than to sing to us :-)

Sunny but kinda cool day, all our snow is gone.. Peggy
the Angel Food lady phoned and her son will be bringing
my box later today about 4... It sure is a savings for me.
I will have my steak tonite ! :-) I got one of those
Pepridge Farms Frozen cakes.. the Lemon.. well ... let me
tell you how good it was.. TOO GOOD!.. I ate every bit
of it in 3 days. :-) I know Raife, chair shrinker stuff :-)
I DONT care.. It was WONDERFUL... try it some time.
I have mess to clean up in the kitchen and I'm making
another wallet.. Time to post, and put my GORGEOUS
WEEBLE "g'day, g'day"... and wait for my steak :-) I
got 2 coming so.. you're invited :-)

Y'all have a good one now, y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****


"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker