ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, February 26, 2009

~Wishes~

I was telling a friend about my wish I made so many
years ago about not having to work anymore and be
able to 'sit around' and sew and do what I want.. So
many don't believe wishes come true.. They do, but
sometimes NOT the way you expect them to, even
though it may be a good wish.. But.. how the wish is
granted is the key... So perhaps to make me really
realize the power of my wishes I was taught a
lesson maybe.. "Be careful what you wish for". You
may like your wish being granted, but not how you
got there... I made my wish back in.. hmmm.. I bet
93, I think.. so it did take a while, but maybe the
time in between was to prepare me for the granting
of my wish? Food for thought hey? :-)

I know I'm VERY careful of what I wish for now!
If I do make one I am VERY careful of the wording
too :-) So.. just a word to the wise about wishes..
There is that old saying of 'If wishes were horses,
beggars would ride'. So HOW you got that wish granted,
Id hate to think of some of the possibilities getting that
wish. Might end up getting trampled by horses ! :-)
But I am a firm believer that if we truly believe a wish
will come true I think it will.. don't know when or how,
but I believe when I make that wish if I believe it
WILL come true it will.. The Bible tells us that. "If we
believe, it will be granted to us".. I cant quote you
chapter and verse sadly... but I do believe this no matter
what I wish for, hope for or pray for...


We all need wishes though.. in a way they are sort of
looking ahead and hoping.. I see them that way.. And
if we didn't hope.. and wish.. well why do anything all
day? Just sit and wait ? No.. I will keep marching on,
well ok,,, rolling on.. ready to help make my wishes
come true.. good or bad... and I don't think the loss
of my legs as something bad at all.. Didn't make me
too very happy but, once I got past that.. its not too
bad. Plus look at all the great friends I have Because
of this.. I am NOT complaining and I shall continue
to WISH... :-) and of course, HOPE :-)

Well I'm wishing now my lunch was out there waiting
for me but it isnt.. COA called and said no lunch today
because of the fog.. It really was bad this morning
too, I couldn't even see that cat over there on that
porch :-) I'm hungry and I am still working on my
little wallet.. do you know it has 15 pieces? :-) it
takes a lot of patience to put together.. I have to
admit it did make me say a few "choice" words when
I put a part of it together backwards.. :-) Post time,
food time, sewing time AGAIN.. I write that every
day :-) and my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "G'day,G'day"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois

    You have been doing a lot of sewing my friend.
    Becky is some better, was not able to go over there tonight.
    My stomach is real sick, vomiting and lot of pain.
    God bless you Lois and keep you safe.
    Mary

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well - one of my wishes is to have a Sweet Friend like you!!

    Glad your sewing is coming along sew well.....lol.

    Been busy here -business trip next week.

    Take Care,
    Bare Hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary..
    I sure hope you get to feeling better.. Sounds like that flu.. My stomach hurt so bad.. was awful..
    Take good care of yourself Mary and let those that you help so much help YOU ..
    I hope you get better real SOON!!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    HIya Butty!
    Im having a great time.. I really missed sewing... You are so sweet..Take care on the road and hurry back !!!
    Love N'Hugs
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker