ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, February 27, 2009

~Play Day~


I have been steady playing today. I woke up at 5 and my
first thoughts were 'what am I gonna make today'. So....
I worked on the wallet. I did a stupid though, I will
confess :-) I put the wallet together BEFORE I
made a pattern.. So it was either tear it all apart,
or just go from scratch with a pattern.. Total pieces
are 10. Which is a lot and specially since theyre such
small ones.. I did make a pattern and it will be easier
now to make another.. I thought I had the pattern but
I just couldn't find it.. its among the lost...
I did find my box of ribbon, and of course the color
I want is one I don't have.. That's always the way. I
was going to trim the wallet out in turquoise but I
didn't have the bias tape in that color.. Well it all has
to match.. Thread and all... I was diligently working
and you see my helper.. He gave us such fits this
morning while Penny was cutting out some pants for
me, not FOR me, theyre FOR Kelli.. I had to wait till
Penny got here so she could lay the material on the
floor and then cut the pattern out. I just don't have
the room.. When I didn't have my machine on this
dining room table I used it for a cutting table..
Dutch was steady in the way and both Penny and I
had to yell at him and as you see the boy got mad..
hes so moody.. LB was in there for a while and decided
it wasn't worth his time so he went back to bed.. I
did have a mess out there but thanks to Penny we
are all clean and ready for the week end.. I should
get my angel food so I KNOW that I will be enjoying
a nice steak and baked potato over the week end..
Probly Sunday, the church lady, Peggy will have her
son deliver mine to me.. I ordered some tangerines
for Penny and Donnie too.
All our snow is gone, it rained all day today and I sure
KNOW it.. My stumps are really achey and I know
its cuz our weather is going to such extremes. I wonder
if this will ever stop or just gradually get worse as I
would guess the arthritis that has set in these leg bones
will get worse with time so this achey probly will never
stop. The aches are different from the phantoms.. No
one has ever told me about all the different kinds of
pains and aches I would feel.. When I stop and try to
remember how they prepared me, either they didn't,
or I just don't remember.. Those 2 years still are a
blur, so its possible I don't remember all they said.
I was too interested in playin with the dust bunnies
and tryin to stop the yellow ants from devouring my
bed.. That was much more important :-) back then
anyway.. I can remember how mad I would get when
the dust bunnies wouldn't play with me. :-) I was such
a basket case back then I don't blame them... :-)

Food time AGAIN!! :-) Penny made some more of her
good egg salad for me to have over the week end and
she got the boys some food too.. So we are all set. Now
time to post this, cant forget my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"G'day, G'day"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today.
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

3 Comments:

  • At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will say this ... you are a wonderfully talented lady ... you are ... you are ... you are.

    Never mind the bum legs.

    d

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Just checking up on you to see what you have been doing Lois!
    WOW!!! I can see just how busy you are & have been.
    The things you think of to make are so lovely Lois, & they all look as good as any we see in the big stores.
    Well done kiddo.

    Everything is so nicely finished off & I have to congratulate you &also the colors are super of those wallets etc.
    Penny is a wonderful help to you isn,t she ?bless her heart.

    Just wish we lived closer so I could pop over & help with things too.
    Shame about all the rain you are having & I can understand how & why your poor stumps are so achey
    but maybe spring will soon be on the way for us all, after all it is march tomorrow.
    Good grief this year seems to be going so fast. Anyway roll on Spring & summer I say.

    Enjoy your yummy Steak & baked Potato.

    Take care Hun Bun & have a nice weekend.
    Thanks for all the super duper mail you send me.
    Love you .

    AUDREY

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi d..
    Awww thanks !!! how sweet :-)

    Hiya Aud! :-)
    Im glad you like all those sends..Im a very fussy sewer, lol..it has to be perfect :-) Like ME lol...

    So nice to hear from you!!!!
    Thanks bunches !
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker