ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

~Lotsa Pain~

Rough night last night.. Started about 3 yesterday after
noon. The phantoms in my left stump..well they were and
STILL ARE very bad. I don't think I slept longer than an
hour at one time, if that. The pain is in my foot, my big
toe. It gets these shooting pains so bad sometimes that
I almost see stars. I try to think back to what I could
have done these past few days to trigger this again.. Last
time they were this bad I ended up in hospital for 5 days.
I'm not doing that again!.. Well, if I DID have to go back,
I would REFUSE to go to Three Rivers Hospital.. I would
go to Borgess where I have been before or to Coldwater,
even Sturgis is better than going back to Three Rivers.
But the pain IS that bad.. Its not stopped all this day, so
far.. I wont stay in this chair as long today, maybe that's
whats wrong, I'm staying in this chair too long every day.
I don't know...They didn't and don't tell us this stuff,
well they didn't me, that I can REMEMBER anyway.

That first year in the hell home, I don't remember but
bits and pieces and I cant say it really happened, I was so
out of it, and to remember what anyone instructed me to
do.. I have NO idea.. Then that first year out, in 2002, I
was still out of it I stayed on pain crap...cuz of that awful
infection.. so that year is kinda fuzzy too.. Ive not been
back to a vascular doctor though since they amputated
my legs.... I guess I should go just to make sure its not
something that could go back to an infection like I had.
I don't honestly think I could go through that again.. It
was so very very bad, I would start to cry before the
nurse even got there, because I KNEW how much MORE
I was going to hurt and that about drove me insane..

The nurse I had coming then, was 4 times a week then 3.
I think.. But I remember she was very nice and every
time she knew it was going to be very painful she warned
me, which I already knew too.. I appreciated the fact that
she did all she could to stop the pain, make it hurt less
when she cleaned and dressed the wound. When she
decided to give me injections to numb it I was happier. I
didn't like the shots.. but I knew within seconds the pain
would stop.... and I SURE needed that, it was then I felt
I could breathe again, no pain...Then.. NOW, well.. its not
as bad as back then, but it sure hurts, let me tell ya.. So
much so I may call Erica and see if she cant call some
thing in to the drug store here, be closer. I need to get
my pills transferred up here anyway. But I sure need
some kind of relief..

Guess what I made yesterday? I made a pan of Halupki's.
Know what they are? Stuffed cabbage rolls. I have to say,
I felt guilty eating them. They are SO good!! Every bite I
thought to my self 'call the boy, tell him'... I am a rotten
selfish mom.. I did NOT call Donnie and tell him I made
them.. I only made 8.. :-) well that's not even enough for
Donnie, let alone both of us.. :-) Penny helped, she cut up
the onion and cooked the cabbage, all I had to do was
mix it, stuff it, bake it and eat it :-) Good? Well- so good
I didn't even call the boy.. so you KNOW they were :-)
I havent made them since I was in the apartment.. over
2 years ago now.. I was SO ready for them.. I have 3 left.
I know.. that means I ate 5 yesterday.. maybe that's why
my stump is aching? :-) Too full a belly, puts weight on my
stump ? :-) possible.. :-) but I don't think so....:-) I will
make some more just for him, hes been requesting.. so
I have no choice, hes very good to me and this just shows
Donnie I appreciate him.. He knows I do. I never hesitate
to tell anyone that, we all need to know we are for what
ever reason.. :-)

Time to post this and try to get comfy for a while.. This
pain gets bad, then eases up for a little while, then BOOM!
it hits again and catches me off guard, makes me tense up,
vicious circle.. Maybe a nap will help.. Something's got to ! I
will find what will help...I HOPE !~ this is getting VERY Old
already... If this had happened when I was in my 30's or
40's.. boy I dunno.. by now I would be so sick of this...so I
guess happening when it did made it so I could accept it
better.. I dunno.. I DO KNOW its lunch time..maybe food
will help.. :-) but then that might be MORE weight! :-) Its
time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "g'day, g'day" .. Hope
yours is better, at least pain free !! :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks !
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "Friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

3 Comments:

  • At 3:54 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I'm SO sad you have that awful pain. Have you got some pain relief there with you? Ibuprofen or Paracetamol is what I use if the arthritis gets real bad. They don't upset your stomach like Aspirin can. Could the sudden change in the weather have something to do with it? I know a depression coming over) Wind, cloud and rain) makes my knee more painful.
    Anyhoway, I hope it improves for you to-morrow and that you can get a bit of sleep tonight.
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest little dear one!
    Why cant you ever feel 100% fine... As soon evrything is fine you are hit in the head again, as if youd never been hit before!
    Why cant your mishaps be over for ever, you have had your shit more than anyone i know! This make me mad, thinking about you and how you have it!
    And i stands here in a hotel-lobby to far away to help you!
    Im not sure if i could if i was there, but i shure wud try!
    Take long naps if you can, and get out of that chair! Its an order, so obey.....
    Kisses and bye bye from your own
    ROB
    Who wrote this in a real hurry....

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Lois Hun Bun,
    Well now it is my turn to think of & pray for you sweetheart, I am so sorry that you are having to endure so much nasty pain.
    I suppose we can,t imagine you still having pain in your poor legs or toes that you just dont have there any more, but it must be terrible for you.
    Do you get strong pain killers for times like this Lois?

    Wish we could just pop over & help , not sure what we could do but sometimes just talking to someone who is there helps.

    Well just pretend |I am in the room with you & I am listening to you, or maybe I will make you a cup of tea, !! There did that help ?? lol
    & sending you some warmer weather over to help maybe too, ok sweetie?
    I know the weather makes aches & pains worse darn it Grrrrr.

    So know we are thinking of you & feeling better soon.
    Take care Hun Bun.

    Hugs N Love Audrey & Don


    Seriously we just hope you are feeling a week bit better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker