ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, April 26, 2009

~Neighborhood Kids~

I watch as the kids walk home from school.. Its only a
half a block to the high school.. Lots of kids walk past
here on their way to and from, in fact even the school
bus goes past here, why I have no idea since there is
another street right over there unless its just too sharp
a turn or something.. But seeing these kids walking is
fun to watch them busily talking about what happened
at school that day I am sure is the subject. I always
walked unless it was bad weather. The house with the
black kittie has a daughter that goes to school there,
I see her every day.. I watched one day as a lady came
flying out of the house, jumped in the car and raced
past the house here, over to the school. It pulled up over
there and the daughter gets in and I watch as the car
goes back over to the house ! I thought perhaps she was
sick cuz usually I see her walking every day... as fast as
the mom or who ever that was that drove that car was
in a hurry, and only 2 blocks... I figgered she was sick.
I never got a ride home unless it rained :-) Snow or any
thing else.. I walked.. spring time I rode my bike..
Dam Bridge :-)
I see lots of kids on bikes here riding up and down the
streets.. They all play baseball in that nice big field
across the street and there were bikes everywhere. I
didn't have the card in my camera...so none of the pics
I took came out on the card.. I hate when I do that :-(
But I watched them play, and they all had the best time.
When the game was over they all got on their bikes and
it looked like maybe headed to town.. its only 4 blocks
to the main street here :-) across the dam bridge and
downtown starts right there.. :-)

No, Im not swearing . I say DAM bridge.. cuz that's what
it is :-) the road was closed for quite a while they said, just
before I moved here because they built a new bridge
over the DAM.. thus the name.. DAM BRIDGE :-D If
you look at the map you will see a river which feeds into
Palmer Lake...which used to be my last name at one time!
the river is on this side and the lake is on the other
side of the dam at the dam bridge :-) You can barely
see it on the photo.. I took that the day I came here to
look at this place.

The end of this street in front of the house dead ends
into that river.. I plan to take a roll down there just to
see what is there. I was told is a small park.. Palmer Lake
is very big and totally surrounded by houses and summer
lodges... In the summer this place increases in size almost
triple. The week of the magical festival there are thousands
that come here. I plan to call Abbotts tomorrow and see
what they say about it and when it is for sure.. I was told
there will be craft booths downtown set up with things for
sale by locals and others that know lots of people will be
here. I told Penny she and I need to start making stuff
and get a table for then and sell stuff :-) I might get
Donnies trailer here and rent it out that week too !! :-)

Nice warm day today but cloudy.. we had some VERY bad
storms yesterday afternoon and evening and some headed
this way from Kansas they say.. It was really bad there
last nite and I have some friends in that state... so I hope
they are ok...The weather channel says a tornado outbreak,
if one came here, I could hear the siren, but I have no
where to go either.. I have no inside place.. I think the safest
would be my closet, but it doesn't even have a door and one
of the walls IS an outside one.. Ive never seen one and don't
want to.. I was IN one, but didn't know it.. I was too worried
about getting HOME !! :-) I was on the road coming back
from Donnie & Kimmies then.. back in 83 I think. Trees down
all over the wind almost blew my car off the road, and I had
a big heavy mercury cougar then.. beautiful car.. Red and white.

Well its almost post time and lunch time AND GORGEOUS
WEEBLE "g'day, g'day time".. I have left over meat pie in
the kitchen just waiting for me :-) Wanna come have Sunday
lunch? :-) Got plenty AND its GOOD :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and Thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ma Belle,
    Really looks as if spring has sprung in your area.
    Lucky you.
    Robert

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois
    We didn't get any of the bad weather here, Bob did want some rain for the garden but we didn't get any... Love all the pictures you put in here.
    They said we would get rain just about every day this week,we do hope to get some but we don't want it over done.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Robert!! :-)
    How very nice to hear from you! Its been great the past few days..

    Hi Mary~!
    Good, I saw that on the weather and I thought about you... Storms are the b ad part of summer..

    Good to hear from you !Thanks !
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker