ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, May 30, 2009

~Theyre Tied!~ :-)

My peonies are tied up! Thanks to Carl :-) Do you see the VERY dark one
on the top right? there are 3 colors, white too.. :-) beautiful sight...

Where did this month go? The time is going by
faster, yet sometimes it seems its crawling. Some
days go by so fast, which of course, are the days
I'm doing something.. Sewing or what ever. When
I sit by the door, which I REALLY AM enjoying, I
feel like I SHOULD be doing something and not just
sitting around.. Then I get to thinking, well.. just WHAT
exactly do I HAVE to do every day other than LIVE
it? If it means just enjoying what I am seeing by sitting
at the door while I listen to the radio, Dutch in my lap,
I guess I really AM doing something plus its something
I ENJOY doing. While I sit there my mind wanders and
I come up with ideas of what I would like to make for
the grands, or some friends, or Pennys grands :-) I Then
go thru my attack plan of what I will need to make these
things, and do I have what I need and if I don't HOW
am I gonna get it... like my deck.. :-)
I look out the back door and I see how much space is
out there and I see a deck out there, with a railing and
flowers hanging from them that I can GET to ! :-) The
morning glories going in and out of the railing and maybe
even a swing that I could transfer to safely, now, THAT
would be a treat. I had a swing, sat on my grandmothers
porch, when she died my dad took it and made a frame
for it to sit out in their back yard. All the moves I have
made the swing is gone just like my birdbath...

I think with all the birds here they would love a bird
bath out there. I had a wonderful cement one that I
did manage to keep and I gave it to Donnie and Shirley
for the farm.. when I would go there I sat on their deck
and enjoyed it.. I think when they moved they neglected
to take it with them and Donnie thinks it may still be there.
But I cant very well go and tell them I want it now after
8 years :-) If I THOUGHT I could get it, well I WOULD
sure try, theyre kinda expensive, but worth it.. The one I
had my nephew sat in it on hot days when he was a baby
back in... I was about 12 when Michael was born, Gayles
son..so in the 60's, maybe late 50's... I bet it still is being
used somewhere, I couldn't even lift the bowl of it, it was
so heavy. Almost gave David a hernia when he tried ! :-)

Ive been mentioning to everyone I see and talk to that I
am looking for wood for a deck and I am sure hoping that
I can do it.. If I put my mind to something usually I can
figure out a way or hear of something that might help in
my quest for what ever it may be at the time... Now- my
quest is for a nice deck out back.. Many different types
have been suggested from getting palettes to using bricks.
I don't think palettes would work most arent made out
of very good wood and I don't think they would last very
long. Bricks would be nice but it would have to be built up
out there for the amount of height from the ground to
the doorstep...so that might could run into quite a bit,
where a wood deck would be better. I am NOT an expert
on this but just seems logical to me.. I had thought about
cement blocks.. but I don't know if they would work, and
I'm not sure how tall they are... by the time I get done
looking for prices and ideas and extras I will know how to
build it myself.. I WILL have a deck ! :-) and Lois says
"thank you Lord" in advance.. I believe HE will help get me
out my back door :-)

Lunch wasn't delivered till 3 yesterday and was Chris that
brought it.. I was surprised to see her.. Said she got lost.
Lunch was pretty good, ham and beans and corn bread..I
love beans, I havent made any in quite a while. I'm going
to make a couple pasties or a meat pie I havent decided
yet. Penny picked up some ground meat in case I did want
a pie. I may make them tomorrow and have my 'special'
later on :-) Id better post and do something constructive,
there might be something this GORGEOUS WEEBLE needs
to see out there in my back yard.. Id better go look :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I think cement blocks are 4 1/2" thick. I guess 9' high but I don't know how long, It would be multiples of brick measurements, I think. But you are right, timber is the best thing to do that deck with. If you can get it, it's best to use treated timber, so's it doesn't rot too quick.
    Now, why shouldn't you just sit there and enjoy the changing scene, if that's what you want? You've earned the right, if anyone has!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous momar said…

    When I was married - we had a deck and a patio - the deck needed some repairs - use Compressed wood if you build a deck. There is nothing like sitting out on a deck in the summer and listening to the radio.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife!
    Boy I sure miss our talks hon! Just cant seem to coordinate them ! Im there and your gone, then your there and Im gone !! duh! :-) I know your sis is appreciating all your hard work.. WHEN do you schedule me in?? lol...

    Hiya Momar !
    Yes, I KNOW what you mean, I miss my lanai.. I miss the deck at Donnies.. I WILL have a deck.. ONE way or another ! I see one at a house just down the street and NO ONE uses it !! They could give it to me ! :-)

    Good to hear from you !!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker