ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, June 28, 2009

~Good Weekend ~


I havent done one thing all week end but just SIT.
Well I always do that, but Ive not done much else.
Just relaxed, watched TV, and I havent even been
online that much. Ive talked to a few friends when
they phoned, but other than looking out the window
and enjoying the songs on the radio Ive not done
anything. I feel better, not so stressed. But I have
decided that I will call Deborah and find out if I
can go to the Dr here. I'm hoping I can. I have a
few issues I need to have checked out and I guess
its time to do it. I know, its always something, but
when the flag signs turn to red, its time to act, and
that's what I have to do..but its been a good week
end..quiet and relaxing.. :-)

I showed Joyce her picture, she laughed and told
me the helper is their son. They use the front end
loader to put the shingles up there. Joe has to be
in his 70's at least.. so to be working up there on
that hot roof cant be easy.. I know they are using
a nail gun as I recognize the sound from when I
worked at the export crating companies in Houston.
Willie ran the shop and that's what they used, of
course more powerful than the one Joe has out
there.

When Willie and I got out of the motel business he
went to work at Imperial Crating, for Sam. I went
to work there as well as Sam's assistant and to
learn marketing. Willie was in charge of the carpenter
shop. They used the big staple guns. I had gone into the
break room for a coffee when suddenly the door opens
and Willie flies in and said to call 911, one of his guys
had stapled his fingers to a box. I went out there, well
AFTER I called 911 of course to look. What a site.


The guy looked away for just a second and as powerful
as those guns are, you cannot take your eyes off of
them.. he got all of his fingers, missed the thumb. This
poor guy was about in tears.. They used these special
hammers out there too, called a rig axe. One side of
the head is like a hatchet, the other looks to me like
a meat tenderizer. Well if you miss and hit your finger
that's just about what it does to a finger. Ive seen
that too. These guys could, in ONE swing, drive those
nails sometimes all the way in, so imagine hitting a
finger what it does... not pretty... :-)

Speaking of tenderizer, I have a steak out in my fridge.
:-) I know its tender ! :-) They were on sale and Ive
not had one in a while, so I thought might be a nice
Sunday dinner. with some onions and maybe a baked
potato.. We got, PENNY got, some olive oil and I will
fry it in that. SO.. its time for this GORGEOUS
WEEBLE to sign off for today, but.."I'll be back!"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    steak: While I lived in switzerland I learned how they make a piece of range fattened meat tender. They flatten butter and put a mixture called wild herb butter seasoning on top of the butter. They roll it and cut it in 1/4 inch (6mm) segments. They pin each segment to the steak with a clove. yummy and tender

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    been off the computer a few days, still working at the church...hoping that roof will be done this week...I have been doing a lot of extra cleaning at the church this past week...so much more to get done...when the roof is done then we can start on some of the rooms getting them fixed up again.
    This week is not going to be so hot as it was last week...but still hot.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous barebuttbob said…

    Hi Gorgeous,

    Sometimes a day of doing just nothing is a great thing! We need those once in a while.

    Got out on the boat a little yesterday - of course the clouds moved in, and we got a few sprinkles - do really didn't get any sun - but was nice to be out.

    Your steak sounds good. We get the best steaks at an Amish farmer's market near us. They are great when done on the grill - yumm.....

    Ya'll have a great day now - y'hear!

    Bare Hugs,

    Butt

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    That does sound good ! Your a good cook too !

    Hiya Mary,
    Yes, Ive missed you.. Your package was mailed friday so look for it soon. I hope you like them..:-)

    Hiya Butty,
    Yes, the store here in Nottawa has a butcher shop and their meat is wonderful !!

    Nothing beats good food :-) Well ALMOST :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker