ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, June 29, 2009

~Love~

I got the cutest joke in email that I had to smile.
I quote "Christians have only one wife, its called
Monotony"... I believe the word is monogamous or
something like that.. Monotony means BORING. Or
the same thing over and over again... Which I have
to say, my parents celebrated 56 years and I have
to add, were in love with each other as much as they
were when they got married. They showed it daily
to each other, which when you love someone you
should.. It should be so easy to look at that person
and say "I love you". All the times I went home I
saw that in them.. Not one day went by that they
didn't tell each other "I love you". and sometimes
more than once.
Mom would walk past my dad to get to her side of
the table where they sat and played solitaire, when
she did she would lovingly pat him on the shoulder
or run her hand across them, sometimes leaning over
to kiss him on the cheek. He did the same to her.
I grew up with this shown to me and It was nice to see
that at 80 years old their love never died. In fact I
think once my sister and I moved away, me to PA and
her to Hawaii, they became even closer.

Many times she would go fishing with him and sit in the
car or on a picnic table and wait for him, when he got
back she would have a little snack and always a thermos
of coffee for them. I still have their picnic basket. She
kept it packed, In fact I havent even emptied it.. All is
still in it.. From the cups to silverware, even a small bottle
with tooth picks :-) It was a well prepared basket. :-)
Every ride they took, no matter how long it was they had
a snack and usually at some of the most beautiful places,
they would talk and enjoy the day. Whomever visited
them, they would take on a ride with the basket along.

I sometimes wish I had found a love like that, that I
could have spent my whole lifetime in love with them,
enjoying every day, I think that's why once my Dad
was gone, Mom had such a hard time to adjust, and
only NOW being alone so much I KNOW just how
hard it was for her, had to have been a million times
harder to be with out the love of her life.

Love is good for you no matter who you get it from
and the more people that love you the better you
feel..at least I do.. My boy came over last night and
hes miserable being alone, he hates sleeping alone,
I guess me, I'm used to it now after almost 10 years,
but then again, If my knight in shining Armour showed
up, well.. I just might climb on that horse with him and
ride off into the sunset :-) So.. maybe the true love of
my life is still out there, who knows ? :-) I will wait,
he may have a bad sense of direction, or the horse
does :-)

Lunch time and Penny is making us some brats. There
is a store by here that has over 20 different kind.
And all homemade ! AND, ALL GOOD !! :-) I havent
tried them all but, well go look, Sand Lake Party Store,
here in Nottawa. great little store :-) on a beautiful
lake too.. :-) So post time for this HUNGRY GORGEOUS
WEEBLE... But.. "I'll be back ! " :-) I KNOW your glad! :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again..

2 Comments:

  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    True love is wonderful - my parents had a tea ritual. Often late at night they would have tea, crackers and cheese. I think there is often not enuf affection in a marriage

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    I agree, if you are lucky enough to find it.. :-) Nothing can keep a marriage together but love..

    Good to hear from you ! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker