ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

~Sounds~

I was sitting at my favorite spot by the back door
when I heard a bang, my first thought of course was
a gun, but it wasn't, was a firecracker. I had forgotten
its the 4th of July soon. From what I'm hearing there
will be no fireworks then but there will be during the
magic week. That's like in Three Rivers, I didn't know
or realize that there were none on the 4th there either.
The ones I saw were from the River Festival.. :-) Well
they were fireworks, that's the main thing and these
small towns have some of the best even compared to
the bigger cities, no matter when they have them...

When I was married to my last husband, David, the
4th was a biggie, he and his brother Mark, would save
all year that they both contributed to every so often,
then come time to buy them they had the funds. They
were like little kids in a candy shop when it came to
buying fireworks and some were really great. One he
got was a bomb almost and I know it was good at
making HOLES ! :-) But we had lots of good times
with his brother and 2 sisters, the 4th was a big day,
first at his mom's then back at our place where we
and David's sister Laura and her family lived. It was
a really nice condo I called it.. It had a huge back yard
and past that were the rail road tracks and then a field.
Perfect for fireworks.. :-)

There were us 8 adults and there were 6 kids. We would
line up lawn chairs out back and David and Mark and their
nephew Stevie would take turns lighting them. The kids
loved it, well so did we, it was fun. A few close calls but
no accidents.. One of the bottle rockets fell over and came
directly at us all sitting there like ducks in a row, wanna
see a bunch of people move fast, and as each adult stood
up and ran they grabbed a kid and ran ! We all did that on
rainy days too .. We didn't have any kids, but one rainy
picnic when that happened I grabbed one of Jen's girls
David grabbed her boy, when we got back to the car,
here's Jen standing out there in the rain wondering who
grabbed her kids ! :-) Making sure someone had them ! We
usually yell at who grabbed who.. but that day it was such
a quick storm we just grabbed and yelled... :-) Poor Jen
she was the only one that got WET ! :-)

Amazing at the nice memories that just a sound will bring
back to you. Specially when they are good ones and I can
remember many nice 4ths, specially on the river, watching
the parade of decorated boats go up and down it.. Some
went all out to decorate their pontoon, In fact Mark's
wife and Jen, and I had considered decorating up Jims
pontoon and joining them but we never did. We should
have it probly would have been fun.. :-)

Well, my next fun is to close this, post it and get some
lunch for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE :-) But, you know
I shall return :-) I KNOW you shall be patiently waiting,
are you smiling? :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...


3 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    We used to eat an evening meal on the porch on the 4th. Then my dad would set off roman candles and fireworks - not fire crackers. my potato salad is Spanish style. Our church is having a picnic on the 11th. I am bringing potato salad.

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honeydear!
    Yes sounds can bring back memories, especially music!!!
    But have you thought about how smells can bring them back even stronger? I use to remember the smell of Dinky Toys-cars rubber tires. It is so strong i nearlt can touch the smell with my hands! I usually dont remember BAD smalls and thoughts the same way... But i think that is good!
    Hope you are more than okay, my dear!
    Kisses until
    ROB

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Yes theyre neat.. I bet its good :-)

    Hi Rob,
    Yes, specially music.. I hope you are well too :-)

    So nice to hear from you !
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker