ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, August 29, 2009

~2 Bee or Not~ :-)

There you see documentation of 2 hummers.. Is that not
kewl? I looked and looked at that photo wondering WHY
did I take it.. THEN I spotted the one up on the right...
The top right one is the female. They have been having
the best time out there with that feeder AND are VERY
protective of it..The male is moreso than the female..
They had flown off and I saw first one bee or wasp or
what ever that is, that Ive killed 4 of inside here, land
on their feeder. Almost instantly the male is there, he
hovers for a bit, circles, and then zooms in at the bees
till they leave! Bees don't give up that easily :-)
Penny must have mixed up a good batch this time cuz
this battle of the 2 bees and the 2 hummers went on
for quite a long time.. It really was fun to watch them.
She changes the water sometimes twice a week , it
depends how many bugs crawl up inside it and end up
floating inside that feeder. I sure have enjoyed it,
was worth every penny of the 6.98 I paid for it.. Just
like my cheapie birdbath.. Worth a million.. :-)
I have been looking at these sunflowers and they are
SO heavy and bent over that there is just no way any
of the birds could get to those seeds.. I saw the gold
finch yesterday again too.. but I'm just so not used to
Pennys camera it takes me longer to get it ready to
take pictures :-) But what I had thought of doing was
to get another birdbath. for up here by the sunflowers
and as they get ready cut them off and lay them in the
empty birdbath ! THAT would work! Ive got 3 or 4 more
sunflowers over by the hum feeder too.. so the birds
will hopefully have some nice fresh seeds AND THEN
maybe I can get a picture of that gold finch :-) See?
Plan of ATTACK :-)
Look at that tail.. isnt that just great?

Today it just does NOT know what it wants to do.. One
minute the sun is shining bright, the next its so dark
the yard light almost comes on.. Its been so cool this
week it feels like fall when I sit in the doorway, you
can almost feel it in the air, Ive even seen leaves out
there already.. This big maple here on the west side
will be so pretty again.. It was last year.


It soon will be a year that I moved into this place.. The
time has gone so fast.. Maybe cuz it really HAS been
a very stressful one.. Seems there was just one thing
after the other.. This year is almost over and I just
hope nothing else gets thrown at me and I can coast
on to next year with out any additional problems.. The
TV and things I need are NOT stressful. be nice to
have but in time I will get them replaced...Its the big
stuff like the rent issues... I DONT want to carry that
over to next year...

Well what I need to carry NOW is some lunch over to
the table and EAT :-) Penny made some great sandwich
spread and on that good pumpernickle bread, Its gonna
be good.. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted for
supper last nite, that or the leftover meatloaf.. Guess
what won? The meatloaf of course. I ate that with some
soda crackers and watched Cash Cab.. That guy that
drives the cab is the same one that narrates my other
favorite show, Deadliest Catch.. So I had good company
with my supper last nite.. That means its time for my
GORGEOUS WEEBLE warning, "I shall return!" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and Thanks !
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend..
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again..

5 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    Bees: I use3d to grow tomatillos (mexican tomatoes for Salsa Verde) in the back yard. At first, I grew 20 plants.Tomatillos are very invasive. The next year I had 2,000 plants - the back yard was solid tomatillo plants (I harvested 10 quarts of salsa that year). Bees came from blocks around - they loved the tomatillo blossoms. Salsa Verde is good with all kinds of foods - yummy!!!

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Lot of wonderful pictures you put in here Lois.
    Had a good trips to Grenola Ks today, the church was full again this year too.They been doing the women conference for 42 years now... Christian lady from all the different churches come. It around about 60 miles from here...
    Our wasp problem is over, but we do see a few around still.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    What superb pictures!! You are getting better and better at it, Well Done You.
    Take care, Honey. Let's have lots more lovely nature photos!!
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Anonymous barebuttbob said…

    Hi Gorgeous...
    Wow - great shots. I know that photos of hummingbirds are very difficult to get. But you did!

    A year - hardly seem possible. Well - will be sending you some more pix soon. Take Care.

    Bare Hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Momar, Mary, Raife, Butty !!! :-)
    How very nice to hear from you and that you like my photos, I sure enjoy taking them. :-) No wonder I wore out my camera, I steady take them.. :-)

    I hope you are having a good weekend.. Mine is very nice specially
    reading notes from y'all.. thanks..

    Keep Well, safe and happy!! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker