ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, August 27, 2009

~Havent Seen The Birds!~


That hurricane sure came onshore! We are due to get rain
for the next 4 days.. Talk about DAMP! I have been so
worried the past few days as there has NOT been any
birds outside but the hummers.. I was beginning to wonder
what was wrong, specially when it had been so busy out
there. The past few days Ive not seen any of those little
guys.. The doves hardly have been by either. Kinda makes
me wonder where the birds went.. and mostly WHY !!!
Got to be a reason.. Did you see that movie, old Alfred
Hitchcock movie, 'The Birds'? good one.. Except here
they are gone not swarming like in that movie.. Tippi
Hedron was in it I think.. Trivia.. :-)


I like to watch shows like jeopardy and even that new
one now called CASH CAB... Fun to watch these people
answer the questions AND to see if I know the answers.
This cab drives around New York City and picks up fares,
then he asks them questions for money.. They get to where
they wanna go and answer all the questions they win! I like
it. Lots of the questions I CAN answer which I really didn't
KNOW I could! :-)


When I was with David, he and our brother in law, John
would play the video game of basketball.. after each game
they asked a trivia question.. with multiple choice answers.
I would look at the list of them and yell out my A, B, or C.
David and John each picked theirs.. 95% of the time I was
right, very few did I miss. I don't know anything about
baseball but I knew.. I think... its because when I worked,
at sewing jobs I wore a headset, listening to the radio,
like I do now when I sew.

When you get busy or involved in something you don't pay
attention to what your hearing BUT you are STILL hearing
it and it goes back into the recesses of your brain.. yet,
YOU don't realize it has.. not till you get asked something
about it. then its "hmmm, how did I KNOW that answer?"
True ! That's what I contribute it all to, and plus :-)
I retain information.. like a photographic memory for facts
I think.. I think they have proven this though.. that we
retain things we hear and don't realize we do...

Penny made meatloaf yesterday before she left, and it is
SO GOOD ! I bet I ate half of it yesterday.. Shes a very
good cook.. I desperately need some new pots and pans..
Mine are ones my sis got for me 7 years ago when I moved
into the apartment, and with all the moving they show the
lots of use and the wear and tear of moving... I need a new
set.. My list of needs just grows and grows. If I had to
choose, which I need more a TV or pots and pans.. hmmm..
close call.. I will say TV :-) I hate not being able to HEAR
the TV, and the sound on mine is well I hear every 4th or
5th word. not good..:-) So TV first, then pots and pans, then
camera , then.....

THEN its time for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE to say "I shall
return! " I'm hungry! :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and thanks !
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

2 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois

    We are having plenty of fly here again, I wonder were there coming from and how to stop them. I hate those fly. Always buying those fly trap. I keep thinking we are going to get rain again, we do need some of that rain.
    Going to give Patsy a perm Friday evening, that going to make that day extra busy for me, hoping to get on the computer that night, but it might be Saturday night...Taking a small trip with the church ladies Saturday, for a women convention...love going on them.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    We havent had that problem here, I know I had a problem at the apt once with those gold stinky june bugs.. awful things...

    You stay so busy Mary and are such a good friend to everyone that knows you.. You are such a blessing :-) I hope they all appreciate you and what you do for them... Have a good time on your trip !! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker