ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, August 30, 2009

~View of Another Backyard~

When I sit here enjoying this backyard I have
thought about when I sat out on the deck at the
farm. Donnie's and his then wife, Shirley. rented a
farm out in the country, nice place, David and I
would babysit the animals and kids when they would
go to the races, After we split up I stayed with them.
Her cousin Ralph had gotten hurt in a car accident
and recouperated there during the time I was
there off and on and in and out of hospital. Only
a few times were Ralph and I staying there at
the same time, when we did he stayed out in one
trailer and I stayed sometimes in the other or
slept on the couch.. It worked out for all of us,
Shirley took good care of Ralph and I both :-)

Ralphs insurance company paid for a ramp to be
built cuz Ralph was in a wheelchair for quite a
while.. he got hit by a car, peein on the side of
the road on his way home one night, drunk of
course, sure made him quit drinking, killed his
dog even.. he felt REALLY bad about that.. But
the ramp turned into a really nice deck and we
all enjoyed sitting on it had room enough for a
nice big picnic table and wheelchairs, I was in
one too most of the time I was there, I couldn't
trust my legs to hold me, I staggered when I
walked and looked like a drunk.. Everyone laughed
at me.. I did too.. I had no idea what was ahead..

The view in their yard was great, just beautiful,
It was way out in the country and that picture is
of the center of the circle drive that you can
see over on the left.. I was just about standing
on the other side when I took this photo of DJ.
In the back ground over across the road you can
just make out a horse standing by the fence.. That
is Dillon.. Shortly after I took that photo Shirley
bought him and he moved over to this side of the
road.. Was better for him.. Donnie sometime even
complained that Shirley treated that horse better
than she treated him.. :-)

Eventually that pool was replaced by a trampoline.
The girls , 3 remember, of course Kelli, then Shirley
has 2 daughters, Nikki and Amber. They were all
cheerleaders later on so that thing came in handy
when they practiced :-) Way in the back in the field
across the road just shortly after sunset it would
start to fill up with deer.. 15 I counted one night.. It
was fun to watch when the fawns were with their
moms and they played and had big fun.. Well what
deer wouldn't in a corn field? :-) I enjoyed watching
them. I sat many many hours on that deck... I'm glad
I didn't know what was ahead to spoil what I saw..
Because my next trip back to hospital I couldn't go
back to the farm.. I had to go to that first place,
then from there, sent up here to the HellHome...I
went back there to the farm.. but only twice more,
and the 2nd time was the last, that's when I fell
and broke my leg and the count down to being a
dak began...

I look out now and enjoy what I see immensely, like
I did at the farm, I don't think or plan very far
ahead, I would rather enjoy each day as it comes.
I do like to have a schedule if I HAVE to do some
thing, like see Rebecca or Travis, or when Penny
comes, But farther ahead than that, I don't want
to know... :-) I'm just enjoying what I have WHILE
I have it, but mostly WHILE I CAN :-)

What I can and am GOING to do the rest of this,
doesn't know whether to rain or shine, Sunday is
have some lunch and enjoy my view.. Time for my
GORGEOUS WEEBLE warning, "I shall be back !"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Thank you Lois for sharing a part of your life. you are so good at writing thing down for us to read.
    Memories are so good for us, also a way of leaning about ourself too.
    We had Michael over for Lunch after church, he wanted to go out to eat but we can't always to that...and it nice to have him home for a few hours with us...But I did take him for a ice cream at sonic before I took him back home.
    Going to be a another busy week for me again this week...Keep Pam in your prayer OK.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    I bought some beautiful green bell peppers for pickling today and they were from Michigan 39 cents a libra or a pound. Hey, you metrics - did I spell libra right?
    That was a museum quality photo today.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Thanks, I do enjoy writing.. good outlet for me :-) Y'all are always in my prayers Mary... I hope Pam does ok..
    Hiya Momar !
    Thanks hon...I love taking photos.. Green Pepper is so good..great flavor.. I use them alot.. I keep some in the freezer all cut up and ready to go :-)

    So nice to hear from you :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker