ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

~Busy Week~

Rebecca called and changed her appointment to Friday,
which is good..This is turning out to be such a hectic
week... Erica phoned yesterday from the clinic to tell
me I have to go and have blood work done before they
will transfer my prescriptions up here. So THEN, I
had to call COA to set up a ride... Of course no one was
there that could set it up, so I had to wait for them
to call me back to see when they could come and get
me..

All in all, so far, COA will be here Thursday at 10 and
we will ride into the lab in 3 Rivers.. JUST so they can
draw blood.. 30 mile drive, cuz there is no place here
to do it.. Well its either going to 3 Rivers or to Sturgis.
I guess my clinic isnt set up to go to the lab at the hospital
in Coldwater, IF there is one there.. I don't KNOW if
theres one there ! :-) Its only 15 miles away.. Joys of
country living.. :-) I like it though, it should be a nice
drive back there since the leaves are starting to change.
Plus they will let Mark ride with me and he can see the
countryside, it was dark when he got here. I think its
Mildred that will be coming, I like her, shes used to me..

So, that trip will take up most of Thursday and then on
Friday both Rebecca's will be here at 10... I sure stay
busy :-) It was so cold in here this morning we had to
turn on the heat.. I sure dreaded that.. This is so early
to have to turn it on.. but it was REALLY cold.. and I
cant stand it real cold makes my shoulders and arms
ache even more.. I know my arms are really achy today,
but Ive used them more...

I helped Penny put the cover back over my wheel chair
and clean out some stuff from the fridge, now typing
this.. I think I will be just about done using them for
a while that's how bad they ache.. Right above the
elbow to by the wrist.. and they hurt... Only way I can
ease them is to just let them hang.. Always something..

Donnie stopped by last night and we all had the best
time.. Laughed and of course fed Donnie.. We had some
leftover bean soup and the bread, Mark heated it up
and gave Donnie a big bowl of it with about 3 slices of
bread.. He sounded like I did when I had some.. every
other spoonful he said "M M M" :-)

My arms have just about given up and I havta close this
for today.. This GORGEOUS WEEBLE is done typin...
well ... except for my "I SHALL RETURN!"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend..
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

3 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Nice that Mark can go with you, maybe he can see where you use to live too...and anyway see the town.
    Fall does bring out all the colors in the tree, sure hope there is plenty to see.
    Pam got her blood platelet today. It sure does take a long time to run it 3 unit of it.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Anonymous momar said…

    Wow it all happens at once.
    Here in NYC you would go through the homeless intake. Then, because you are in a wheelchiar they would place you in a wheel chair accessible transitional apartment. You would join the list for a public apartment. Since you are wheelchair bound - they would put you to the top of the list. The apartments rent for 1/3 of your SSD income. I will also e-mail you privately.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    Yes hes allowed to ride, they will go right past my old house...Our trees are only just starting.. im hoping a while till they REALLY go.. My trees specially the maple will be beautiful...

    Hi Momar,
    I dont know what all we have here.. But its all ok ..for the time being :-)

    Hope you are well..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker