ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, September 28, 2009

~Explosive!~ :-)

My pine tree in the back yard is losing its needles and
what a mess out there, needles EVERYWHERE! I didn't
know they shed like this.. Only the one... not both.. but
they are different, pines yes, but different variety..
woke to rain and cold and windy and I sure can tell
it.. I ache and my stumps feel almost explosive :-)
That's a good way to really describe how they feel-
sometimes when the weather is bad or there is a
change.. They feel so swollen and tight, that I think
if I stuck a pin in one I might take off like a balloon
when you let go of it and it flies around the room!
:-) Now, THAT would be hilarious.. very dangerous
TOO ! :-) But that is a very good word to describe
how they feel...

The subject of phantoms has come up again and I
was discussing them.. I think, none of us that has
to endure phantoms is an expert, not even a Dr. How
can they be ? If they have never experienced it.. I
have been an amputee now for a long time. My last,
amputation of my left leg was November of 2001..
I will have been like this for 8 years pretty soon..
And I cannot still claim to be an expert on them.
They change so much.. I think as the time goes on
that that is entirely possible because I am changing,
getting older plus my activity will change as I get
older ... But I still cant claim to be an expert.. Nor
do I give advice to anyone on how to handle them.
There IS no set way , at least for me anyway, BUT
then.. NO ONE is like this GORGEOUS WEEBLE :-)

Penny came today and we are all clean and ready for
another week.. No set plans, so far... but things can
change in a matter of minutes.. so.. NO telling what is
ahead.. only thing I KNOW is ahead, is LUNCH ! :-)
SO... you KNOW what that means.. Time to post this
and to warn ya again.... "I shall return!" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend..
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again..

4 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On phantoms let me say I don't think anyone knows much ... especially ABs.
    Three snips from my experience: a bit in TIME MAG years ago told of relief coming to a high AE who was directed to shut his eyes and write on an imaginary blackboard like the off arm was whole. Another source of relief called for massage wi massage hands held an inch from nub. Third was a HD gal who got relief from swimming. More serious work needs to be done on this awful discomfort.
    d

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I would say that it might help to have someone massage those stubbies gently with some arnica rub. Can I be first in the cue, please?
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Yes the weather sure is changing, get a bit cool in the evening. We had sunshine here during the day.

    I lost another friend, the service was today. Ermaloy was 70 in June. She has been in bad health for a while.
    My friend Patsy got back from her trip tonight, her and Sharon had lots of fun visiting Patsy all friends from Texas...I'm sure it was hard on Patsy for her husband not to be with her...they have lived there a long time, it's will be 2 years in Dec since he passed away.
    Maybe the pine needles can stay there all winter, or will they need to be clean up. I sure don't know.

    Pam going to get more platelets Tuesday afternoon...they have got to check her bone morrow and fine out what the problem is...no way of getting around it anymore.

    God bless you Lois and Mark
    Mary

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi d...
    I honestly dont think there IS anything can be done.. How can they treat something that is invisible? :-)

    Hiya Raife,
    Yes, sometimes that works.alot of time it doesnt.. depends where the phantoms are, mine are more in my feet..

    Hiya Mary,
    Condolences on your friend.. So sorry to hear that.. But she is in a far better place :-) Carl and Joyce i saw them rake them up last year so that may have to be done again.. I dont think its good for the grass .

    So nice to hear from you !! :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker