ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

~FinchES!~ :-)

I got the most beautiful photos of the finchES while
I was waiting for my company to get here..Note the
ES...2 of them.!. Arent they just beautiful? I sure enjoy
this yard.. :-)They both stayed for quite awhile..I
LOVED IT !!! :-)
My company arrived safely about 3..they made very
good time. We had a light supper of the tuna fish, well
no, albacore salad, and a relish tray of cherry tomatoes,
deviled eggs, few carrot sticks, cucumber slices, cheese,
crackers..Long drive they were more interested in visiting
a while then getting some rest..
They went down to the Palmer Lake Lodge and no one
was there, so we phoned, but got an answering machine
and had to leave my phone number..About an hour later a
lady phoned, returning the call. She had a room but was
only going to be there for about another hour. They had to
hurry down there before she left...They did, its closer to go
there than all the way to the Super 8 in Coldwater, which is
the next closest..Amazes me theres no other accommodations
in this town...Lots of restaurants, none deliver though...SO
MUCH could be improved here..Better stores for one, well
2 besides no motels..:-) Anyway...
Totally up side down!

The room they said was just perfectly beautiful.. Spotless
but did NOT have a phone..Was on the 2nd floor..The bed
was one of those high ones, with a step stool to get up in
it..My friend was worried they would fall out of bed and
could really hurt them selves..But it was a lovely room, and
did over look the lake. They had boats for rent and there
was a very small cafe, but it wasn't open and VERY very
few people around, which for this time of year..I would
think it would be quite busy...Although...

I wasn't going to say anything..but, I can see why no one
was around..They didn't have much business, I talked to
the lady on the phone when she returned the call .. I was
MOST amazed at her attitude..as though she really did
NOT give a darn whether she rented a room or not! And..
sadly to say when my friends came this morning we did
compare our notes on this lady.. She did NOT impress
us and with her attitude..well if she worked for me..no..
wrong..she would NOT work for me...When you deal
with the public at least be happy..How will you get any
return business? I'm gonna see who she was..and who
owns this place.. I would NOT recommend it...sadly,
since its a beautiful spot. I could do wonders with it..
Specially knowing marketing too :-)

I KNOW how to run and manage a motel..so I can say
this with experience to back me up.. I met some REAL
characters when I ran those 4 in Houston...When you
deal with the public, you HAVE to be nice..No matter
what..well unless they get ugly..But most times people
respond better to a smile :-) I wonder if that lady is the
owner.She needs to hire someone that at least can
SMILE.. :-D

On this note I am posting this and gonna take a 5..The
past couple days have been VERY hectic and as far as
I know I have nothing tomorrow but Penny coming..I
cleaned every thing up but she will have to put stuff away
that my friends brought..very necessary supplies..that
the boys and I are most grateful for.. :-) I'm ready for this
week to get done and the first to get here.. Boy....do I
EVER need the 1st to hurry up :-) I will breathe a lot easier
knowing my check has been deposited...

This GORGEOUS WEEBLE is closing down for the day..
Hope you have a good one. Remember. I WILL return..

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker