ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, August 26, 2010

~My Nurse Again!~

Yesterday turned into a very long day.. I got a phone call ,
about 2 or so..Was from a nurse that is being sent for my
home care...She asked if she could come by about 5:30.
I wasn't very pleased with the time, but it was either that or
7:30 in the morning..I told her to come at 5;30.. I knew her,
she knew me, It was Gail, a nurse from the hell home... I
remembered her quite well..She was a good nurse..She
works days at the hospital in Three Rivers, that's why the
time she is available..This home care is a 2nd job....She is
my nurse again... :-)
I guess this swelling Is nothing to sneeze at since I have
this Congestive Heart Failure. And I guess my heart beat
is otta sinc...she says she will be coming 2 possibly 3 times
a week.. :-( Am I sposta be sick? I'm just tired, seriously
tired, but I think the thyroid will help that...see? Always some
thing.. I'm not breathing right either..Gail said I may need to
keep oxygen here..;. :-( she wants me to do a sleep test
thing to see how I breathe when I sleep..I haveta sleep sitting
up most of the time so I can get some of what I call "good
air" .. Its not one of those face mask things, just some thing
you put on your finger...she put one on mine and it started
beeping, that's why she started asking breathing questions.
SOOO..anyhoway.. she will be back Saturday morning at 9.
THEN..I got a phone call..Tomorrow they will be here to do
the echogram or what ever they call it..On my carotid artery
and my heart.. They will call with a time in the morning.. Oh!
Penny went and got my 6 prescriptions, I now havta pay a
co-pay...dollar for each one..I NEVER had to before..NOW
I do..Turning 65 sure sucks..This is turning out to be a totally
un necessary week..Too Much :-)

I was watching the kitties outside and I saw the garden lady,
she is, I was told, in her 90's.!.. I was a nervous wreck
watching her carry that ladder around, washing ALL her
windows! And here I sit at 65 too pooped to pop :-) some
thing aint right here :-) Look at her garden..the pictures
don't do it justice its so pretty....

Well..that's all my wunnerful news. :-) I'm still a GORGEOUS
WEEBLE though, and was good to see Gail..she was one
of the good nurses at the HH..she cared. so I am in good
hands.. :-) Post time ! But, I shall be back ! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

6 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Looks like they aim to get things right again for you. You have to accept that they know what they are doing and go along with it - I guess that attitude is what has got me to 80! That's 15 more than you!!! So, hang in there sweety!
    Take care, Honey. God bless you.
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

    XOX

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois, this is Brenda Crites, I'm Mary's daughter in law. She wanted me to give you an update on her condition.
    She had surgery this morning(8/26) to remove an ovary that was mostly cyst and the Drs found a much larger cyst (about 4 inches in diameter) in her abdomen also. She had a little hernia by her navel that they repaired as well.
    She is doing pretty good considering, still pretty doped up and sleepy, has a little pain. Her blood pressure has dropped pretty low a couple of times, but I think she will recover OK. I'll keep you informed until she can do it herself. BC

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    Congestive heart disease is very common in the people over 60. In the 1950s they used to treat it wih whiskey. Now they have a whole group of medicines and they are generic and not expensive. Get over it and live tpo be 100.

     
  • At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My father would say, "They should give your mother only 1 pill. If she took 1 and felt better she thought no need to take any more. If she took one and nothin happened she thought, why take any more? Nothin happened."
    Drink lots of water and think happy thoughts.

    d

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, this is Brenda Crites again, Mary's daughter in law. Mary is progressing slowly but is losing some blood, so the Drs are doing an ultrasound and she may need to go back into surgery to make repairs. Please be praying, BC

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife,
    this is just getting very old...kinda sick of it..but I will do what I have to. :-)

    Hi Brenda,
    Thanks for the updates on Mary, Please give her my best and tell her she is in our prayers..Shes a very special lady.. Please keep me, us, updated :-) Thanks again..

    Hiya Momar,
    I dont like whiskey at all..ick..im glad they got pills altthough I dont like taking them either ! :-)

    Hiya d..
    Will do :-)

    Love N'Hugs!
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker