ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

~UnComfy~ :-(

I didn't feel good yesterday at all..As the day wore on I felt
worse..I finally gave up and crawled up on the bed about 2..
They didn't start work on the roof till about 5.. I slept I think..
Off and on, I wake up at least every hour or so..just because,
I don't know why...to see what time it is I guess... When more
than an hour or 2 go by I'm glad that I slept more.. I know I
didn't have to get up again, to make a potty call..so I don't
think these water pills are doing anything..Gail still insists its
salt and I don't know why I cannot get it through to her that I
DONT like salt..a tiny bit to bring out flavor yes, but more than
that I don't ever add it..Maybe one of these times she will
listen to me on that..Something else has to be causing this
swelling, plus I don't drink much either..one possibly 2 cups
of coffee and then I drink 2 possibly 3 of water with lime kool
aid in it..that's not a lot of liquid... I never did retain fluids before.
I dunno, but I hope they find out...My stumps sometimes feel
like theyre gonna explode! Which is VERY uncomfortable...

I had that echogram or what ever last friday..she did my carotid
artery on each side of my neck..VPS called this morning and I
have to have another one but this time on my heart...I hate to
say it but I forgot already what day theyre coming..:-) Tomorrow
I think.. I'm getting bad, I need to start writing this down I guess..
They will call first since it will be someone else and more than
likely need directions.. :-)

I woke at 7 today to the sounds of hammers on the roof again..
I had hoped they were done..NOT... Carl and Joyce are out
there and Carl is up there .. I guess his helpers are at work..
They worked yesterday from about 5 to dark ..about 8 or so..
I will be SO glad when theyre done..The stuff on my walls are
even moving sometimes The boys are tired of it too I think..

Penny made my recipe for Calico Beans yesterday and they
turned out GREAT..unbelieveably tasty... I ate 2 bowls yesterday
and theres some left for today.. I am VERY GLAD..Other than
that I have NO plans for today..So... you know what that means
its time for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE to post this and get on
with my doing nuthin! :-) Remember though, I shall return! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 5:35 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi,Honey,
    I know this sounds all wrong, but you may not be drinking anything like enough good, old fashioned water out of the faucet! This morning, I had discomfort passing water and it was because I got a bit dehydrated, being out in the open air at the "Hawkridge Revel", a local gymkhana. I drank a couple of half-pint glasses of water and a mug of coffee, and had a glass of water every time I went to the loo, and everything has settled down O.K.
    Can you get "Lo-salt" at you local store? It contains a lot of potassium chloride in place of sodium chloride. It tastes just the same as ordinary salt, but, because it is low in sodium, it is better for you.
    I know it sounds daft to say "Drink more water" when you are taking diuretic pills, but it could well help to flush out the system.
    Anyhoway, that is my two pennuth for the day.
    Take care, Honey, and take more water with it!
    God bless you, my dear,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

    XOX

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    hiya Raife!
    Its good to hear from you! :-)The water out of the faucet I cant drink, cuz of the Chlorine, I buy my water...I drink 2 or 3 16ounces a day... mixed with kool aid though lol.. But I know what you mean....

    So good to hear from you.. I was getting worried anyone was readin ..:-)

    Love N Hugs..
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker