ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

~Doctor Visit Day~


It was a very hectic day yesterday. My doctor showed up and I
got my flu shot, which ive not had one in years.. lets hope I
don't get the flu now since I did get the shot.. The nurse had
to draw blood again, lets hope this time she got enough..The
doctor said my cholesterol is VERY bad, very high, so she
doubled my dosage on those pills..My blood pressure was
kinda high which I didn't understand, but I hadnt taken my
pills yet either...But it was 148 over 111...not good...every
time my nurse takes it its fine! I dunno..

Dr Mazie and I discussed phantom pain, I told her that I
am never without pain or feeling in my invisible legs and
feet..she said its Cronic pain and the only way to really
control it is with a daily pain medication...which she has
prescribed for me.. lets hope it takes the edge off..

ANYHOWAY..after the Dr left I got a phone call from the
guy that is gonna set up the sleep test..He got here about
3 and showed me what to do with this little contraption...Its
just like the finger thing they use in hospital..just clamps on
the end of your finger....I was to put it on when I was gonna
go to sleep..I really never know when that is..but I put it on
my finger about 9:30..nothing good was on TV so I decided
to try to go to sleep.. I did ...for a while.. I slept AWFUL..I
was so worried about that stupid thing coming off my finger
I bet I woke up a million times to check and make sure it
was still on! I slept VERY little.. I am so tired right now I
cant stand it..

Penny is here and Stinky still has not returned..I worry about
that cat...I still have Dinky here but I still worry about Stinky,
where is he eating etc...I hope hes ok... I told Penny as soon
as she leaves I am going back to bed...Dave the guy with
the breather test phoned and he will be by within the hour
to come and get this gadget, he phoned from Battle Creek,
so it shouldn't take him long to get here..

Other than that I'm counting the days to the end of this month..
This one seems to be sooooo LONG! Feels like a 5 week
month..those are so hard on me...I can only barely make it
through..Today for the rest of it..This GORGEOUS WEEBLE
is resting and hopefully sleeping a bit...However.. I hope you
know.. I will be back ! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    You have what is called "the white coat effect". You get all anxious and het up over the Dr. coming --- and UP goes the old blood pressure! That sleep monitor is a bit like the blood pressure monitor that I wore for 24 hours some years ago, now. Honey, don't worry if it falls off! They know that this may happen. Like the song says "Don't worry - be happy!" And you can't monitor your sleep pattern if you worry yourself awake!
    Take care, Honey, God bless you and watch over you,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife
    XOX

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Yep it time for flu shot, going to start getting them for myself this year...Bob get one every year...
    The pain med might be just what you need, sure hope it work well for you.
    I walk a little over a mile today, I think I'm doing real good...and no nap today.
    I need to shut down the computer now, big strong is here.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiys Raife,
    Youre right! I have a phobia about all this medical crap.. good to hear from you!

    Hiya Mary,
    Just dont overdo..recovery takes a while...Good to hear from you too~!~

    love n'hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker