ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, September 20, 2010

~Oxygen Day~


Busy day today, Penny is here and got us all cleaned up from
the week end..I am expecting Scott, I thought his name was
Dave, the oxygen guy, but its Scott, he phoned a while ago,
and was in Battle Creek, and headed this way..Hes coming
to set up my oxygen..Its for at night or as needed...

Dr. Mazei prescribed a pain patch for me but it wont stick.
Its so small..it comes right off....Its a very low dose to start
then on the 29th it will be increased, then again if It needs
to be.. It doesn't do anything, I feel no difference.,..maybe
a higher dose might make one, I don't know..this is sposta
be pretty strong stuff.. Dr Mazei said cronic pain cant be
treated with a as needed pain medication, that a daily
medication is all that will work with pain like I have, which
is the daily phantoms..I think she has dealt with lots of
amputees before...I'm glad of that...Dr Mazei is a D.O.
which is a doctor of everything...

One thing ive noticed and so has Penny is that I have NO
appetite, all week end I had a bowl of soup and fries...that's
all..Not much..But my no appetite is also because I don't
have the energy or stamina to make something..If its not
microwavable I leave it alone. I just still have no energy..
Penny always offers to make anything I want when she is
here, and will usually make enough for a couple days,
and that works great.. Today for example I am not the
least bit hungry and I have NO idea what to have Penny
make..I did have her pick up some more soup though...

Gloomy dark rain threatening day..Scott should be here
soon and I still have to change clothes and have Penny
straighten my bedroom..I have no idea what or how
much equipment there is with this oxygen... So..I better
get started...Gail, the nurse, comes tomorrow..Busy
week..

I'm still a GORGEOUS WEEBLE though and just to
remind you..I WILL be back! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    My word! One sniff of that Oxygen and you'll be off like a rocket!
    Is it worth sticking that pain patch down with a piece of "Micropore"? It's better than Elastoplast. I often use it when I've skinned a knuckle when I'm making something!
    Hope all this stuff makes you feel MUCH better and gets you back in fighting trim!
    Take care, Honey. God bless you and watch over you,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

    XOX

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    So sorry I missed coming Sunday, was under the weather...a little infection I have...
    Oxygen will help you breath so much better, sure pray that pain med will start working for you too.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    HiYa Raife!!!!
    So good to hear from you~!! :-)Im using a bandaid.. The pain patch is only about 1/4 of an inch wide and less than a half inch long..Tiny thing..Maybe the next higher dose will be better...I called and asked my dr but not heard back YET...

    Hiya Mary,
    Be very careful with an infection..I hope you are on anti biotics..I found that just keeping it rinsed off and clean and dry works best..thats what cleared up my infection in my stump..Took everyone else almost a year , I fired them and my method worked in less than a few weeks....I carry Staph thats why most wounds get infected.... Take care..

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker