ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, September 16, 2010

~Survivor Amputee~


I was watching TV last night and this show called Survivor
came on... I don't usually watch this kind of show, what some
people will do for money really surprises me..this was the
starter show for the season and I was curious to see who
was on it this time...One of them was an amputee...a rbk.

No one noticed it at first, she had long pants on.. But she
openly showed it to first one then to all the others..They
asked a member of the other team if they would treat her
differently because of this and he of course, said no, but
I believe it will matter as the game progresses..

It showed her removing her prosthetic and everything, then
a great picture of the leg laying on the beach as she hopped
down to the surf, where all the others were swimming.. It was
most interesting..Even though I am a amputee I hadnt ever
seen a leg put on or off and all the socks under it..was most
interesting and I'm glad I saw it...Was called Survivor..
Nicaragua.... Its only interesting now because this young
amputee is on it..for me anyway...But how she looks is how
I looked at one time..Not for very long, but I can remember
hopping like that..but NOT into that wonderful water, I was
hopping down the hall at the hellhome...

The breather guy came and picked up that finger thingie,
and showed me the results..apparently my heart rate goes
to below 45 and I stop breathing, or I am holding my breathe.
He said I should have oxygen at night and..that the Dr may
want further tests to check me during the day..Always some
thing..He said my Dr will let me know..Ive not heard anything.


Rebecca came by this morning, I had to sign some papers
for my file..update stuff I think.. I have NO idea what I signed,
but I trust her :-) She got a really nice new car, kinda silver..
I forgot what kind it is..She didn't stay long and is still on
the lookout for a headboard or siderail for me..It would help
me a lot, to sit up...that's the hardest part and most strained
thing I do...A siderail would sure help, or a headboard..I
sleep sideways remember.. :-)


Rainy day and I have nothing else on the schedule for today,
that I know of..SO, this GORGEOUS WEEBLE is gonna
find some lunch;.what.. I have no idea..I'm not really hungry..
I havent had much of an appetite lately...Penny even noticed.
said she can tell by the number of dishes she has to wash...

Time to post.. Remember.. I shall return!! :-)


Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois

    It's hard for me to watch Survivor, but I have a hard time watching anything on TV for the most part...my nerves are not up to it...
    recovery take so long, it's been three weeks today...so much I would like to get done...I'm use to moving everything I do and that I can't do right now...
    sure want to heal up real good and tha take time...I feel real good so that don't help...

    I need to work on getting my pictures in alum, I got them out on the table...that as far as i got...
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    All recovery takes time..I dont usually watch those shows, but tv has gotten so bad , nothing good is on anymore...not for me anyway, I like the history or food or the TLC channels...Although some of the food I see them fix, I wouldnt eat at all..there is ONE good food show I like called Diners, Drive Ins and Dives..Great show..the host is a cutie too ..Guy Fieri. its a good show...

    good to hear from you~!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker