ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, February 20, 2011

~I Have a Cold~ :-(

I have the worst cold...my nose is so sore and red. I
sneeze constantly and my nose is so drippy its driving
me nuts.. not counting the awful headache! I'm just
pure d miserable.. I even sent a mean letter to my son
yelling at him for not writing.. I'm such a bad mom.. I
get into these poor me moods, no wonder I have a
raging headache...I did write and apologize to him..
so I hope he bears with me.. hes a good kid. His dad
died in December.. so hes going thru a bit of a rough
go..plus trying to find a job and provide for his family.

I'm not sleeping worth a hoot either, I was up at 1:30
until almost 5..went back to bed and got back up at 7
sneezing my head off.. I'm miserable...Penny might
be coming today and maybe she can go and get my
sleeping pills at the drug store so I can sleep at least
better..wont guarantee I will feel better but it might help.

I feel so useless and just not worth nothin.. I cant even
comb my own hair my arms hurt so bad.. They start to
ache at the shoulder then it radiates down my arm to
just below the elbow .. The closest pain I can compare
it to is a horrible toothache.. I want to sew so badly but
I know how much my arms would ache and so I don't..
The more I use them the more blocked they will get..

My dear friend Raife phoned today and he couldn't have
picked a better day..It sure lifted my spirits talking to him.
Hes in the UK and to make an over seas call is not cheap,
so I appreciate it when he does phone.. He uses SKYPE
which is a lot cheaper rate than using a phone line...I
phoned my son in London and I was surprised how cheap
it really is.. You just put money into the SKYPE account
and just dial.. its thru the computer but I can phone a
land phone which is so great..

Well we are under a winter storm warning. rain, cold and
freezing sleet it says. I kinda think it will be worse north of
us than here.. But it is such a gloomy dark day ..makes
me even more discouraged.. I'm kinda glad I signed up
with hospice but then I sure don't like being reminded of
my limited time.. I think about that enough on my own..Oh
well back to the window..then after I have some lunch,
left over meat loaf..I will crawl up on my bed and just
relax, I'm not a TV person and I get bored watching some
of the ickky shows they have on.. My best fav is Two
and a Half Men.. I love that show and I think its one of
the best on TV.. I don't care what they say about Charlie
Sheen, his private life should be left alone.. Hes still a
great actor just like his dad.. Plus hes such a Cutie..:-)

I'm gonna post this and eat but don't forget I will be
back AND I am still a most GORGEOUS WEEBLE..
Keep well and God Bless..

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Bad cold are going around here, I keep on taking Vit C for myself.
    Mike still got pain with his hip, and not being able to walk right. He using a walker now for now.
    The weather here is a little cooler, but ok for now...
    Yes I am looking forward to Spring too.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    may the Lord keep u safe from harm and sill your worried soul,
    for he is there and knows all things, and carries you when u need Him !
    Amen
    KC

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger momar said…

    I did a lot of cooking Sunday. I picled 3 pints of yellow bell peppers, boiled a batch rotini pasta. and a batch of baby lima beans. I would hope you do not have pain in your arms when you cook and eat.
    My colds last a week whether I medicate or not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker