ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

~Messy Yard~ :-(


My back yard is full of pine cones. I am
wondering who is gonna pick them up. I
doubt if Carl will cut the grass any time
soon, and all those out there look so
ickky and just plain sloppy. I sure don't
like that tree at all. If this was MY house
I would call my friend Julio to come and
cut it down. Its messier than a willow tree
and they are super messy too..When they
bloom they are a total mess. They are a
lot more beautiful tree but can give you
a lot of problems specially with the root
systems. I learned all this tree stuff while
I was married to my 2nd hubby.

When we moved from Texas to Indiana, he
started a tree service. A most successful
one too I might add. We stayed busy. I
did all the phone work and scheduled all
the tree work. At one time we had 6 men
that worked for us. 2 were climbers and
2 were the cut men and the others did
the ground work, which in reality the
ground work, or clean up is what made
the biggest impression. Leave a mess
behind and you could lose a lot of work.

I went sometimes to help, I could drag
brush, I never used a chain saw, they
scared me. Willie was gone to Florida
and left me in charge of all the guys.
One of the jobs was to take out a stump.
Julio was gonna do the work, I was to
do the clean up and raking.

Julio was using a wedge and a big hammer
and when he hit the wedge a piece of it, it
was all metal, a piece flew off and hit me
right in my left eye. A quarter inch of it
and it went thru my eye 1 mm. from the
center or I would have been totally blinded.
The piece of metal had a barb on it, like
whats on a fish hook, so when it went thru
it tore the lens off of my eye. I have no
focus and can only see colors or outlines
of things. Ive had 4 surgeries on it. This
happened in 85.. I'm now considered
blind in my left eye..

Learning to do everything all over again
was not easy.. Cover one of your eyes
and try to do something. You have NO
depth perception at all.. I was scared
to drive for a long time, but I adjusted,
I only ran into a few things. I still run
into stuff with this chair because of
that..If you could see my door facings
or hallway corners you can see the dings
and paint knocked off..:-)

My nurse is due today but I have no
idea what time, I hope its not late I'm
kinda tired today I didn't sleep good
last night again. I didn't have Penny
fix anything for today so I'm gonna
havta cook something, what, I have
no idea, I'll find something I always
do.. In the meantime, I am still a
most GORGEOUS WEEBLE.. and
I'll try to be back tomorrow.. Keep
well and God Bless...

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    It stay a bit to cold today for me, hoping we will be in the 70's on Friday, they say it will...
    Need to get some shopping done, that time of the month again...
    I love my directv, wish I had change a long time ago...it save me $32.31 a month...Bob not real happy with it yet. but it will save us money for 1 or 2 years.
    God bless you Lois

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The messy tree is a white pine ... considered by many to be one of America's loveliest. We had a hard maple at the old house. It grew 50 ft tall in 30 years ... But the best of all was a tulip tree in my father-in-law's yard ... stately and nice looking. You too are stately and nice looking ...
    d

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    I have the charter bundle, tv,phone and internet, only 133.a month, alot cheaper than separately and I have over 100 channels and 8 movie channels.I love movies , commercials drive me crazy.. Its cool today and sposta rain, with possible snow..Im so
    ready for spring...Hope you are all well

    Hiya d,
    I know its a messy pine that produces TONS of pine cones..and the cones are huge ! The birds like it though..

    Good to hear from you..Happy weekend!

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker