ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, March 21, 2011

~Not Lots Happening ~


Not a lot to write about today. Penny came
and got us all clean and even made some
spaghetti sauce for me. I am gonna cook
some rotini later. I like those noodles.

Its a gloomy dark rainy day today and I,
well my stumps sure can tell.. They are
so achey it drives me nuts, but nothing I
can do about them. I talked to my new
Dr. about the phantoms and he said too
that they will never go away, since its
really in my head...If they could remove
that part of my brain that says I have legs
then I wouldn't have the phantoms. Some
days they are really severe then others
I don't have any. I can always tell where
my feet and legs are and I can even move
my toes one by one. I can move my legs
side to side, well invisible legs that is,
but I cant kick forward..strange...But I
wish they would go away..

Ive been using my oxygen and my head
ache seems to be easing up..My nurse
said that could be why I have one, with
my oxygen level so low.

Well I'm gonna go eat..I hope y'all had
a good week end. Remember I am still
a GORGEOUS WEEBLE .. Keep well
and God Bless....

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

7 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger momar said…

    when not much is happening, I like o do a little extra napping. I have low blood pressure and it is easy for me to doze off in a nap.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello,
    I am letting you know that my cousin Richard Howe crossed over to Creator on March 3. He wanted me to let you know. He passed in his sleep.

    Jack Blackbuck

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois,
    I heard someone a long time ago say, that a mirror box can stop phantom pains. Look into it and maybe you will find relief..
    God Bless!

    Will

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar and Will..
    Good to hear from you..

    Jack,
    Thank you so much for telling me about Richard..he was a special friend. I will miss him....He is in a better place now. Thank you for writing..i sincerely appreciate you..

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois.
    I'm able to play with the computer again...I had a big double heria...hoping that never happen again...Dr said I can never lift heavy again...
    I feel good and off all pain meds now...I had to spend the first night in the hospital...
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Afternoon Lois ,
    At last I can get on here to check up on you sweetie. Sorry i am not here every day, but as always we still think of you.
    So sorry to hear you are having nasty damp weather, & I can understand how bad that affects your poor stumps honey.
    Dampness always affects aches & pains so much. But you do so well.

    We are lucky to have a lovely sunny day here in Yorkshire with high temps for a change.
    The flowers are all popping up in our tubs outdoors & it is looking so much like Spring now .
    I just hope it stays like this a while.

    Wish there was something we could do to help you hun bun, but remember we think of & keep you in our prayers. You are such a wonderful person Lois & we love you.
    So take care & I hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs N Love Audrey & Don

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary!
    You were missed and Im so glad you are ok...so good to hear from you!

    Hi Aud & Don!
    So nice of you to stop by and read my 2 cents lol.. Im doing ok..hope you both are well..

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker