ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

~More Rain~

We are expecting some severe storms
this afternoon, hail and damaging winds.
This is the only thing I hate about the
summer, the storms. Sunday, when we
lost power I found out why, there were
tornados. One hit in 3 Rivers, where I
used to live, one hit in Coldwater which
is only 13 miles east of me and one
hit in Battle Creek, which is north of
me. I sure say my prayers that none
will hit here. Hearing these warnings
scare me. I charged my chair yesterday,
so I am fully charged and that is one
worry I don't have.

Penny came yesterday and she lives
in Mendon, she lost power and from
what the radio said this morning she
is still without it. We talked about
her and I each getting a generator.
For her with the 4 renters she has,
it would be a good thing for her. She
has a gas stove, so she can still cook,
where me, I'm all electric so I cant do
anything.

My peonies have really opened up and
are so pretty. My geranium is not doing
good at all though and I have NO idea
what is wrong with it.. . I kinda think its
getting too much water with all the rain
we have been getting. But I don't know,
its been ages since Ive grown one...

2 of my outside kitties are really worrying
me, Dinky and Earie. They are both so
extremely skinny they look awful.. Earies
poor front leg looks awful...and him, he
wont come to me so I cant even grab him
to take him to the vet to look at his leg. I
think they are both skinny from worms. I
am having Penny get some worm pills
for them, now the trick is to get them to
eat them. These cats worry me so bad.I
havent seen Fuzz for a long time.

I'm gonna post this early as I have Kay,
from Southern Care coming today. Shes
the social worker, and very nice. Plus
with storms coming there is the chance
I can lose cable or power. I feel pretty
good today and I am most grateful, I'm
still a GORGEOUS WEEBLE too! :-)
Keep well and God Bless....

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    It feels like summer and I even turn on the air conditioner...no way of getting around it today.
    Going to stay in and keep cool, play with the computer for a while.
    Going back to see the Dr tomorrow, having to many problem with that fixed hernia.
    Might even take a nap this afternoon.
    I pray your you will not lose your power...
    God bless you Lois

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger kitten said…

    Hi Lois, my name is Kitten Wall, your son and my daughter are friends in England. How funny they traveled over 8 thousand miles and met there. Hope you are feeling well today. I live in Austin Texas, and it is hot, hot, hot here today! I have to go water my tomatoes and peppers too, all my stuff wilts in the day and I can't water till almost dark, then they spring back. I already have some tomatoes, which I love and peppers!!! Take care, so glad to meet you, stay in touch. Love Kitten

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    Ive not turned mine on yet but I fear I may have to very soon. My ceiling fans are good but not enough. I hope you get that hernia fixed right. Perhaps another opinion Mary? Didnt lose power!

    Hiya Kitten,
    How very nice to meet you! Send me an email to Lovelylittlelegs@gmail.com I will give you my phone number. My son is a good man, Im so glad for himl. I lived in Houston/Pasadena for 16 years, never was to Austin. I KNOW how HOT it is there !

    Good to hear from you!
    Love n'hugs,
    Lois ****

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    It was a nice day here to stay inside watching T.V.
    Just so I don't do that too often...Went to the Dr today, he said it take time and lose that weight I gain...
    It's just taking much longer for me getting over that surgery I think...and wanting to do to many thing around the house and church...trying to slow down a bit more.
    So nice about computer getting to know your son friends mother...wow life is so good.
    Having the internet has been awesome I know for me...and for other.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker