ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, August 05, 2012

~Magic & Smoke Alarms~

I was hoping to have a nice quiet relaxing
weekend.. I was wrong!...First thing that went
wrong was I got my electric bill Friday morning.
Was up by $100.oo.. my bill was 174.oo.. rounded
off..  Its been SO HOT here its awful.. I tried
turning it down so it wouldn't come on so much,
but with it being in the high 90s every day, even
the rain doesn't cool it off... and my AC keeps
on running... If I don't have it, I cant breathe
and my Dr wants me back on oxygen anyway
but I hate it... so I turned my ac back on...  :(

Its magic week here in town.. Magicians from
all over the world come here to perform... It
has the town FULL of people.. The shows are
put on over here by me at the high school...
Friday night there were fireworks even.. its
a big do for this little town...lots of business
for the local shops which is good...

So, to further ruin my weekend, Friday about
2am I was woke up by my FIRE ALARMS...
Both of my smoke detectors, one in the living
room and one in my bedroom went off! I jumped
up, i reached to turn the lamp on and I had no
power.!, the electric was out! it was pitch dark
in here.. I keep a flashlight now in every room,
I learned that long ago!

I was charging my chair, I unplugged it and I
got into my chair in record time.. I didn't know
I could move that fast.. In between trying to
get my flashlight on and get in my chair I'm
listening to these screaming smoke detectors
and trying to calm my cats down, they were
screaming TOO! And running back and forth
and going totally nutz...

As fast as I could I shined the light to see
if I saw smoke.. I didn't.. I rolled into the
kitchen looked all around, this whole time
my chest is hurting and I'm about ready to
pass out I'm so scared... I look everywhere
and there was nothing, yet these damn things
were just screaming and tweetin.. and my
next delema was how do I reach the ceiling
to hit that little round button on them? :-)

I tell ya, I have more crap than the law allows.
So between these screaming alarms and my
cats running all over and my chest hurting I'm
trying to figger out how do I shut them off? I
remembered the carpet sweeper that the handle
steady falls off, I rushed to the laundry room
and grab it and roll back to the living room.. Now,
remember its pitch dark and I'm trying to do all
this with a flashlight! I'm getting a bigger one
tomorrow by the way, my little one just wasn't
enough to see good...

So here I am sitting under this screaming alarm
with the handle  to my carpet sweeper trying to
reach that little round thing on the ceiling.. I
reached up and the handle, it fell over, hit my
lamp, it hit the floor and the alarm is STILL
screaming.. I pick it up and I swung with all
my might and hit the little button and the
buggar shut off.. I went into my bedroom and
did the same thing but that one refused to
shut off!.. I didn't know what to do so I let
it just go till hopefully it would shut off itself..
About 15 minutes later it did.. In the meantime
I had to try to pick up my lamp, thankfully it
did NOT break, and try to calm down 2 cats
that were totally hysterical and meowing like
crazy... What a site.. and all this done in total
dark..  :)

I have my share of crap hey? I thought maybe
the fireworks had left a spark, but there was
no fire.. I guess cuz we lost power it triggered
the alarms.. but ive lost power before and they
never went off.. I thought sure my neighbors
would hear it and come over, but nope... oh well
its all fixed now and QUIET...

I had to take 2 of my nitro's to calm my heart
back down and I had to take a pain med it hurt
so bad.. always something.. but I survived  and
can tell about it.. I live in such a wonderous
world .. of screaming smoke alarms, howling
cats what a life :)  I'm still a GORGEOUS
WEEBLE though... and that's my story for
this week.. I'm calling Carl and ask him about
it.. I cant have these going off when the power
goes, it goes off all the time! I don't think I
could handle too many more episodes like this.
Keep well and God Bless..

Always,
Lois ****

   "God Bless You", is my prayer today,
  I'm so honored to call you "friend"
  I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
      until I write again.....

2 Comments:

  • At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello there Lois my sweet friend.. . just popped onto your blog and seen this.. awww,I'm so sorry my dear to hear of your dilemma.. about your horrible upsetting weekend.. it sounded very traumatic for you.. yes you'd have thought someone would have thought of you and helped you with hearing the alarms going off come over to see or ask if you needed anything...... you did good though..dear.. hope you're okay for now..and hope it gets fixed too..it's a nice day here hope it's the same at yours..take care out there love to you and kittys toox God BlessxxLove and hugs Angiexx

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh my...so sorry. What an ordeal. After I got to the part about it being over and all right I had to laugh. I can just picture the cats going nuts and you swinging the sweeper handle and all the noise. Bless your heart, glad you are all right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker